• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Well in the last few weeks i have had about 3 folks tell me they dont accept C&R FFL for their Gunbroker auctions. I always ask if i dont see it cause i really dont want to hear any BS later and have to scramble to find a FFL and pay the extra fees.. I personally dont buy from Folks that refuse to accept a C&R for a qualified purchase.

So I really think its about time we start a List.
    if you add them i can Keep adding them to the first post.

Sellers that have stated they would not accept a C&R FFL for a C&R firearm.

1. Harry Burk AKA Harry Burkhardt Of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

2. mlhdkh ...Friendswood, TX 77546( will ship to a C&R. BUT charges 20.00 Extra??) "Chinese SKS, made in 1958. CAI St. Albans Import marked. Matching serial numbers. Triangle 26 Jianshe arsenal. Blade bayonet. $99 start, NO RESERVE.

Must ship to FFL. Buyer responsible to know local laws, not for sale where illegal. Shipping $45 + 1% of sales price for insurance, I'm not an FFL but am shipping through one. PayPal, money order or certified check accepted. 3% fee for PayPal. Shipping to CA $40 EXTRA, AK & HI Extra but vary. C&R ELIGIBLE but $20 extra.

3. Seneca Gun Sports.........Rock Stream, NY 14878 Also states 10.00 More for C&R Holders "Item #21087 $30 S&H in continental US (includes full insurance). Add $10 for C&R home delivery. 3 1/2% fee for credit card use."

4..automagmark Plymouth, MI 48170

5. Jackson Armory

6. Diamond1210 (too bad cause he has nice stuff)

7.Mach1Arsenal Knoxville, TN (No C&R handgun sales to Maryland)

8.]Eagle Creek Enterprises - Gunsmith Morrison CO (would not sell/ship a Mosin 1938 Carbine as a C&R because it "had little collector's value")

9.Bowchief", Foglesville PA. " WE WILL NO LONGER SHIP HANDGUNS TO 03 C&R LICENSE HOLDERS REGARDLESS OF AGE OR STATUS"

10.Patriot Arms, Has said does not want to ship to a state with weapons ban.( May want to check per auction as he may do so depending on what the item is)

11. gundoc, would prefer to due Business with a 01 Instead.

If I can remember the rest i will list them. Admin if this is Not ok, then shut er down.

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good thread. I bet the rationale for $20 extra is a crock of bull. I can see someone (to their detriment) saying I just wont do C&R FFLs but to charge more..........really.

Jul 1, 2012
    Will sell to C&R in Free America, but not handguns to MD:

Jackson Armory
    Diamond1210 (too bad cause he has nice stuff)

there's two other guys that I can't find right now that always list pistols in C&R category and in the fine print say they won't ship C&R handguns to FFL-03's (anywhere).

BTW anyone (mlhdkh) that uses PayPal for a firearm sale is a Doom-aass

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    This is a great idea IMO. I haven't dealt with this problem myself yet, but it'd be great to have a list of sellers playing games.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Would the extra charge for C&R be to cover the cost difference between using FedEx or UPS vs. USPS?

Most dealers ive seen ship UPS or fedex anyway, so while it is possible, i doubt there is a 20.00 extra charge for home delivery. especially if the seller has a account where they ship lots of stuff.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Well in the last few weeks i have had about 3 folks tell me they dont accept C&R FFL for their Gunbroker auctions. I always ask if i dont see it cause i really dont want to hear any BS later and have to scramble to find a FFL and pay the extra fees.. I personally dont buy from Folks that refuse to accept a C&R for a qualified purchase.

So I really think its about time we start a List.
    if you add them i can Keep adding them to the first post.

Sellers that have stated they would not accept a C&R FFL for a C&R firearm.

1. Harry Burk AKA Harry Burkhardt Of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

2. mlhdkh ...Friendswood, TX 77546( will ship to a C&R. BUT charges 20.00 Extra??) "Chinese SKS, made in 1958. CAI St. Albans Import marked. Matching serial numbers. Triangle 26 Jianshe arsenal. Blade bayonet. $99 start, NO RESERVE.

Must ship to FFL. Buyer responsible to know local laws, not for sale where illegal. Shipping $45 + 1% of sales price for insurance, I'm not an FFL but am shipping through one. PayPal, money order or certified check accepted. 3% fee for PayPal. Shipping to CA $40 EXTRA, AK & HI Extra but vary. C&R ELIGIBLE but $20 extra.

3. Seneca Gun Sports.........Rock Stream, NY 14878 Also states 10.00 More for C&R Holders "Item #21087 $30 S&H in continental US (includes full insurance). Add $10 for C&R home delivery. 3 1/2% fee for credit card use."

4..automagmark Plymouth, MI 48170

5. Jackson Armory

6. Diamond1210 (too bad cause he has nice stuff)

If I can remember the rest i will list them. Admin if this is Not ok, then shut er down.

That's so funny you listed this guy. I called him out on some facebook group about how C&R holders cant get a handgun shipped directly to them. He said its a federal law. ALL handguns must go to a FFL01. HE refused to listen to reason and then sent me a message... :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Attachments

• BURK.jpg
      BURK.jpg
      9.7 KB · Views: 1,762

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    That's so funny you listed this guy. I called him out on some facebook group about how C&R holders cant get a handgun shipped directly to them. He said its a federal law. ALL handguns must go to a FFL01. HE refused to listen to reason and then sent me a message... :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

He sounds like a real sweetheart. Report him and HE'll get blocked.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Add:

Mach1Arsenal Knoxville, TN (No C&R handgun sales to Maryland)
    Eagle Creek Enterprises - Gunsmith Morrison CO (would not sell/ship a Mosin 1938 Carbine as a C&R because it "had little collector's value")

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    "Bowchief", Foglesville PA. " WE WILL NO LONGER SHIP HANDGUNS TO 03 C&R LICENSE HOLDERS REGARDLESS OF AGE OR STATUS"

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    WTH is the problem with these folks? We have enough problems with gun grabbers, why do they have to work against us as well?

Firearms is not a business to be in if you can't read and understand the laws. An error will land you in hot water fast. I can understand being cautious but these people are blatantly ignoring clear cut law and precedent.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    its their business. they have right to refuse your business even if they're being dicks.
    IPs here will tell you they have the right to refuse to sell you something.

you have the right not to go to them.:thumbsup:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    its their business. they have right to refuse your business even if they're being dicks.

I agree 100%, they have that Right. I also have that right to Not give them any of my money. :party29:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

That guy was a Huge Douche. Here is our Conversation..

Prices and info on...
    Star B
    P38

Harry Burk
    Star is 350, please 38 with holster is 1300,
    The El Tigre is 1200

Me
    Is that star C&R? And which 9mm is that one

Harry Burk
    No
    If you are out of state, all guns have to go through a ffl dealer
    And all pistols

Me
    Gotcha, yeah they charge too much on top. That's why I have a C&R for guns 50 years or older.

Harry Burk

david any private sale of guns to a C&R has to go through a ffl to a C&R, yuo cant buy them from private indiviguals
    been through this time and time again with C&R holders,m you just cant buy guns from people outright, especially out of state if the ATF catches you, you are in big trouble

Me
    Actually your dead wrong. A C&R IS a FFL

Harry Burk
    last guy that thought that was put in a confrence cal with the ATF office in philly, agent wanted to know his license number as guy was wrong, agent told him the same thing i just told you, 25,0000 fine for the guy. and it is illigal for anyone other than a FFL holder to put a gun in the mail, you must have your license on file with UPSA, FEDEX, and mailing tho\rough the post office if illigal period

Harry Burk
    you need to get your rules straight on a C&R, try calling your ATF office, you will get the same answer, people cannot just mail you guns

ME
    They can absolutely ship me a gun over 50 years old to me direct. Not handguns through usps but rifles can all day long. That is what the C&R FFL is for

Harry Burk
    my guns go through a FFL dealer and thats the enbd of story

Me
    That's fine, you limit your buyers, that's your choice

Harry Burk
    doesnt limit anything, i am not J&G sales, i dont know you from adam, and you are not willing to go through a licensed dealer, then i have nothing to sell you
    cant wait till the ATF audits your books

ME
    It does limit it cause, folks
    Like myself that went through the process to get a C&R FFL won't buy from folks that refuse to honor it. I won't have a problem cause you don't know what the hell your talking about. You must have something mixed up. Anyway good luck with the sales
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are...ute-atf-form-4473-transactions-curio-or-relic
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/are...nsed-collectors-subject-nics-background-check
    https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/collectors

That was the end of our conversation, after I showed him the truth he would not reply and blocked me

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

We also have the right to know that these people are unable to understand or abide by the regulations as established and published by the U.S. Government.

If they are unwilling or unable to ascertain the facts involved in their particular trade, then I am unworried at the possible outcome of their "outing" here.

efc9173383df75a4b3088d79e2bc0d6c.jpg

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I always ask, if it's not posted.

All of these relate to auctions for M1 Carbine (USGI)
    In fairness, there a couple folks that didn't know what a 03 C&R was, but after explaining and providing an ATF link, they agreed to allow me to bid. I ended up buying a carbine from another C&R holder thru a GB auction

gundoc@cox.net 02/06/15 at 10:34 PM
    To
    Todbiker
    CC
    Todbiker
    Message body
    I am sorry, I do not have a gauge for throat and muzzle erosion. I would prefer to ship this to a class 1 FFL.

I appreciate your interest and would also appreciate your bid.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Patriot Arms <gb@patriotarmsnj.com> Apr 27 at 9:27 PM
    To
    Todbiker
    Message body
    I will not ship to any state with an assault weapon law - to confusing. Hope you understand.

lionheartent@aol.com Apr 28 at 8:11 PM
    To
    davetech66@yahoo.com
    Message body
    Not on this rifle

zeke53 - Gunbroker - Ad says FFL01 only, don't bother asking me about C&R - observed 06-08-2017

Proline Firearms - Gunbroker - Ad says FFL only, response to email regarding using C&R was NO - 06-09-2017

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom