Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    FBShootersnews article (2).jpg

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I shot with Steve and Cindi Thomas at their farm in Lexington Park several years ago, and sat with them afterwards in their garage for a couple of hours just talking about guns and shooting. They are both wonderful people, extremely knowledgeable and excellent instructors. I'm so happy to hear that they are going to attempt this venture, and if they need any help, I would be happy to lend a hand anyway that I can.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    That's awesome. I wonder what type of facility it will be. Maybe finally there will be a place to hold the toys for tots shoot other than sanners.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I took my HQL with them and another course. They are awesome instructors and overall great people.

ED O

May 18, 2013
    Lusby
    This is great but only 10 shooting lanes. That seems kind of small so once everyone finds out about it it would always be packed.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This is great but only 10 shooting lanes. That seems kind of small so once everyone finds out about it it would always be packed.

freestate only has 12 lanes, is insanely popular, and always packed!

so you are correct :D

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Article says nothing about the timeframe for the project. Any idea how long it will take to get through the county bs?

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    To answer a couple questions real quick;

Just 10 lanes? - Yep! Have you priced a range out? :) We wanted 16 lanes but waaaaay out of our budget. As already mentioned we have room for expansion if needed and this falls into the "return on investment" category.

Time frame? - We are at the mercy of the "PROCESS"! :) Hopefully have the building permit within the next 6 months, followed by construction 6-8 months (weather permitting)

We will do our best to keep everyone informed. Right now....it's sort of out of our hands. The permit process is started, site survey complete, architect has plans nearly finished. We are rolling!

Steve

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD

Just 10 lanes? - Yep! Have you priced a range out? :) We wanted 16 lanes but waaaaay out of our budget. As already mentioned we have room for expansion if needed and this falls into the "return on investment" category.

Time frame? - We are at the mercy of the "PROCESS"! :) Hopefully have the building permit within the next 6 months, followed by construction 6-8 months (weather permitting)

We will do our best to keep everyone informed. Right now....it's sort of out of our hands. The permit process is started, site survey complete, architect has plans nearly finished. We are rolling!

Steve

Want to throw out a GOOD LUCK and good karma your way in this endeavor.

Dr. Rod

Mar 29, 2013
    Range

Steve

Still keeping the outdoor range as well?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD

Steve

Steve - If you are going to offer yearly memberships, I want to be first on that list!

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    UPDATE - we are scheduled for our public hearing Thursday, February 9 2017, at 6:30 pm in the Main Meeting Room of the Chesapeake Building, Leonardtown, MD.

Wish us luck! Feel free to join us for support!

Steve

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    This meeting will be with the Board of Appeals for the use and size of the building. When they grant approval we will need to go to the Planning Commission for Concept Site Plan approval. Once we receive that we will be able to move forward with the actual site design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom