• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    If you shoot a deer or elk leave the guts n carcass there for bait as well. Pouring some vanilla extract and anise on the bait pile will help bring bears in from far away when they get in the scent stream. Honey burns are also effective.

I would but cant...due to state law:sad20: I know it has to be some liberal tree hugger that put that law in the hunting books:sad20: I'll try the anise and vanilla...I have some old donuts out. I didn't get to check my bait today as I had too much stuff to do...but I'll check tomorrow afternoon...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Couple of hits on my bear bait...nothing significant yet...I shot a couple ravens last night...they are good to keep other ravens off the bear bait...:lol2: I shot one on the ground and one out of a tree...with my .270...:D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    couple updated pics...the bear are starting to hit the bait more...I had 3 days in a row then thurs,fri, Saturday nothing...Saturday/Sunday morning almost got cleaned out by a sow and 2 possibly 3 cubs....:D bait is refilled I stayed till I got too cold and called it a night..nothing in daylight/shooting hours lately...

Attachments

• bear cub.JPG
      bear cub.JPG
      91.9 KB · Views: 580
    • sow.JPG
      sow.JPG
      93.8 KB · Views: 588

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    A little off topic…but here’s the ribeye steaks I was cooking for dinner this year on the first night of my remote flyout caribou hunt in Alaska…

DSCN0842.jpg

And here’s the grizzly that came roaring past camp about 45 minutes later, guess he thought we had one for him!

Grizzly.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Prob thought YOU were the ribeye steak...lol heres one side view of the sow...shes pretty big IMO but hasn't shown herself in daylight...:sad20:

Attachments

• sow profile.jpg
      sow profile.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 564
    • sow and cubs.JPG
      sow and cubs.JPG
      88.9 KB · Views: 586

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    he knows the time I leave:sad20: I left about 625-630pm..:sad20:

Attachments

• he knows.JPG
      he knows.JPG
      91.4 KB · Views: 510
    • hotdogbun.JPG
      hotdogbun.JPG
      112 KB · Views: 478
    • tall bear.JPG
      tall bear.JPG
      110.7 KB · Views: 493

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    will do...I have some others but nothing of significance...I thought these last two pics were neat...

I didn't get any pics last night because I take out the card while I add bait to the barrel and when I put the card back in I didn't remember to check to see if its on:sad20: I have till the end of the month to get one of these....my hopes are on this lighter colored one...I should get more pics tomorrow...I had a moose 5yd from the barrel today...I thought for a second OH I GOT YOU BEAR!! then I was like get out of here stupid moose and she crashed through the woods!! lol

Red Eye

Feb 17, 2011
    Hanover, Pa.
    Bears respond to calling, usually a distressed animal. I don't know if that's legal in Maryland, though.

As long as it is a hand held mouth type call it is legal, all electronic calls are illegal. I've got one of the mouth calls and will be trying it next week in Garrett Cty......I drew a tag

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    well I still have night activity...nothing in the day:sad20: heres a couple from last nights pull

Attachments

• bread bear.JPG
      bread bear.JPG
      113 KB · Views: 409
    • lip curl.JPG
      lip curl.JPG
      105 KB · Views: 403

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    after reviewing the game cam pics tonight I found I have more bear than I thought on the bait...the cinnamon bear is actually one of two cinnamon bears!! and I have a new one that looks mean as all get out! so all total Ive had 7 different bear on my bait...and only one mid-day showing, one early morning showing. Im still hopeful but am losing time...one needs to come out during the time im sitting there:sad20:

Attachments

• daylight bear.jpg
      daylight bear.jpg
      122.2 KB · Views: 377
    • twins.JPG
      twins.JPG
      107.5 KB · Views: 380
    • new bear.JPG
      new bear.JPG
      108.1 KB · Views: 384

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics