• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    Here is my 450 bushmaster upper I just finished building. Shot 60 rounds through it last weekend with a modified pmag and it functioned 100%. Bolt and barrel are from Tromix and the rest is a concoction of whatever was on sale from Midway or Primary arms. The original upper for this lower is a 300 blackout i built 7 or so years ago. Lower is a Spikes with a CMC/Lantac trigger.

Anyone build large bore ar uppers?

20170605_172218.jpg

20170601_170316.jpg

20170605_184728.jpg

All in all I was really happy it functioned perfectly and recoil was no where near what I thought it would be. I gotta video I'll share but taking its good old sweet time loading.

01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    Well I share alot photos and now photobucket is now cutting people off until we upgrade our accounts to their P500 plan. Which is $400 per year. Thats not happening. Let me mess around and try and remember my flickr password and I'll post them.

Sorry guys

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    .450? That's ok. Fun round, not that hateful to handle.

IMAG1087_BURST002.jpg

16.5" .50Beo, also quite fun - little bit rougher on the shooter(s), especially minus the pepper-pot brake. Can't stand Bill Alexander, but I do like the impracticality/overkill nature of this round. Add in some 530gr steel-tipped rounds, and it's just about right.

IMAG0437.jpg

And it's got some accuracy potential to boot - 3 rounds, 103 yards. (As long as your target is less than 230/250 yards away...)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There are folks who are making a quasi 50 Beowulf upper. It's a 12.7 x 42 upper. Not manufactured by Bill Alexander but is 100% compatible with the 50 Beowulf ammo. I have a 10.5" barreled upper in a pistol configuration. It will become a SBR if the ATF would be so kind as to send me my stamps.

I had one of the original 16" Alexander rifles without a brake and that was a bear to shoot. Sold it when I bought the new 10.5" upper.

No reason to hate on Bill anymore, just get even and buy the other manufacturer's upper. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've helped a few people do the 12.7x42 builds, only downside I've seen with the available barrels is the gas block seat seems to be right around the .752/.753" range - so a little bit of sanding on the barrels block seat is needed to get the block to locate properly. Nothing too hateful, just a little more work.

01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    Nice .50. I was torn between the 3 rounds on which to build and it honestly came down to ammo availability. I used to handload when i got into my 300 blackout but don't have time for that anymore. 450 bushmaster is getting very popular since the new laws passed in Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio i think regarding hunting with a straight wall cartridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom