• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Can you help identify the year? Getting mixed info and I know you know your S@#$
    Not finding anything definitive on the M prefix except a guess of '67 by extrapolating the existing chart

Doesn't seem to be much info past the G prefix

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    SOG just posted some SKS and 91/30 rifles but the price is not that great

Attachments

• IMG_8881.jpg
      IMG_8881.jpg
      98.6 KB · Views: 574

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    SOG just posted some SKS and 91/30 rifles but the price is not that great

I don't think $249 for a M91/30 is all that bad.

Century has incomplete Finnish M30s for $219. They are missing a hand guard, bands and front sight blade. I took a chance and got a 1944 Tikka on a round receiver that came with one of the bands and a mismatched (but Finnish) bolt. I purchased bands, a hand guard and a Finnish front blade for $54. So, all in with shipping, I got a pretty uncommon rifle for less than $290. It will be a good shooter.

Jul 1, 2012
    Simspon must have just got a new batch of stuff in, they're listing a lot of K-31's, K-11's etc (and Norwegian M-1914 pistols):
    http://www.simpsonltd.com/products_new.php
    THe K-31's are selling almost as fast as they're posted...
    I wouldn't know a K-31 from a J-32 so just have to assume it's a good deal if they're selling so fast.

The 3 1947-date M-1914's are a good buy too IMHO.
    http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=45376
    http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=44658
    http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=45542
    (the third has a mismatched barrel and as such is several hundred cheaper).

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Simspon must have just got a new batch of stuff in, they're listing a lot of K-31's, K-11's etc (and Norwegian M-1914 pistols):

THe K-31's are selling almost as fast as they're posted...
    I wouldn't know a K-31 from a J-32 so just have to assume it's a good deal if they're selling so fast.

I wouldn't say they're a good deal. $450-$600 depending on condition? Yikes!

Even if $450 is the going rate these days, $600 is outrageous!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Like I said, not my cup of tea... somebody must like them though.

Supplies are a bit scarcer. The lots coming in are getting smaller and smaller. Add in the fact that Simpson has always been on the high-side of pricing and it's going to be what it is. K-11 and K-31 rifles are one of those that people just assumed would be around forever to collect. The collective focus of the C&R Milsurp community turned to them about 2-3 years ago though and they became a hot commodity given their "out of the box" accuracy and, what was at the time, low price ($250 not all that long ago). Of course, now, they're THE straight-pull to have.

Jul 1, 2012
    Most look to be all-matching too; some of the highest up now have matching bayonets.

But they're adding stuff all the time, it's worth trying to keep an eye out if they did indeed get a big new shipment.
    A few months ago they sold a Luger book for $75 that's been consistently selling for over $300 so they sometimes screw up.
    (ironic since they're big Luger guys).

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    $600 doesn't seem too bad to me for a very nice K31. I paid $550 for the one I put my Diopter on and didn't think twice. I've had quite a few people spend at least $600 or over getting K31's from my table at local shows. The current supply is certainly a factor in it now. The Swiss know now that the K31's are top sellers in the U.S. and have started pricing them accordingly to the importers.

A lot of people would probably think I was crazy if I said how much I paid for my new K31 with the matching bayonet and micrometer

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    $600 is not crazy for a nice K31, especially if it has a matching bayonet. Hell, I paid $600 a few years ago when Samco sold the unissued ones and I didn't think twice.

Try to find a decent K31 (or a K11 or IG1911) today for less than $500.

I paid $250 just 2 or 3 years ago for an all matching walnut stocked K-31 (no bayonet) so I guess I got in at just the right time.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    United has a K31 with bayonet on consignment for $775 Dont know if the bayonet matches. It looks like we have to adjust our "expectations" on what these things are going to sell for. Seems the prices are going up and up. the $99 mosin is now $250. The $250 SKS is now $450 etc.

Maybe everyone gravitated to cheap milsurp guns over the last 9 years because of the political climate and the crazy price of new guns and NOw the easy supply is gone, or the demand is still high. Maybe that will subside now that new guns are way overstocked and prices are falling

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    United has a K31 with bayonet on consignment for $775 Dont know if the bayonet matches. It looks like we have to adjust our "expectations" on what these things are going to sell for. Seems the prices are going up and up. the $99 mosin is now $250. The $250 SKS is now $450 etc.

Maybe everyone gravitated to cheap milsurp guns over the last 9 years because of the political climate and the crazy price of new guns and NOw the easy supply is gone, or the demand is still high. Maybe that will subside now that new guns are way overstocked and prices are falling

The difference here I think is that the $99 Mosin from 10 years ago has seen reasonable appreciation at $250. The $250 SKS from the immediate post-ban era also seems like a reasonable appreciation given the time-span. It's the rapid increase in a matter of one to two years on things like K-31s, MAS rifles, etc. that seems crazy. Add in the fact that overall C&R licensees numbers have dropped over the past decade (by something like 1/6) and it can be a head-scratcher at times.

My personal belief is that there are enough poorly-informed collectors out there with a lot of disposable income that have increase market values artificially by buying at inflated prices from places like Classic. At physical auctions, prices are going for what seems to be much more true to value. For instance, there were two SKS rifles in excellent condition at a recent auction I attended. Neither went for much more than $300.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    $600 is not crazy for a nice K31, especially if it has a matching bayonet. Hell, I paid $600 a few years ago when Samco sold the unissued ones and I didn't think twice.

Try to find a decent K31 (or a K11 or IG1911) today for less than $500.

Yeah K31 prices have gone bananas. I thought $600 was stupid expensive for those unissued K31s from Samco but I'd stack them deep if I had it to do over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom