• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I went to an auction and my wife drew me over to a small gun table because she saw a older 870 in clean shape. I immediately noticed a Springfield 1873 trap door carbine as the third rifle on the table. I've always been an Indian era guy and thought an Indian Wars rifle would be cool to own. She wanted to bid on it, but a know collector started bidding on it and I told her to stand down, I wasn't $700 interested in it. I was hoping everyone would eyeball the 870 and not pay too much attention to the old guns, but that wasn't the case.

Now I am wondering if I should be regretting that? It was obviously an issued rifle and dents and nicks in the wood from field use.

captsin

Southern Boy
    Feb 8, 2009
    Eastern Shore
    Most carbines for sale are most likely fakes, most are cut down standard rifles. I have seen quite a few, new made carbines for sale over the years.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Most carbines for sale are most likely fakes, most are cut down standard rifles. I have seen quite a few, new made carbines for sale over the years.

I briefly researched and the Carbines as said, many were cut down before even being sold as the carbines took a higher price. Between that and people cutting them down, hard to tell. Same thing with a Krag carbine, you need to be educated on it before you buy it. Maybe even go and see real vs. bubba'd like at the Baltimore antique show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom