• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I had to take a break from the M57 hassle. The new girl came home today. She is all registered and legal without too much fuss. The pics do not do it justice. I cannot believe I own Megatron.:innocent0 I have not decided if I should be shooting it or mounting for display behind glass. It is in really good shape. The slide action and weight feels very German, in a good way. The sights are great for a military pistol. No complaints, I am pleased as punch. This is what C&R is all about!

Sagt Guten Tag zu meine kleine Freunde *.
    img5326.jpg

img5324m.jpg

*Sorry for grammar errors, my German is mostly forgotten.:shrug:

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    yep the AC code is walther.

very nice buy!

ive got a CYQ 44, its a great shooter i love it.

is yours import marked?

all matching numbers?

if it is non import marked and matching numbers, then it might make sense not to shoot it too much, though i firmly believe that regardless of value i would shoot anything i buy atleast a few times . you can always get a cheap post war P1 for like $300-$400 as a shooter and keep the WWII one as a safe queen.

if its not all matching then i wouldnt worry about it, shoot away, cause you can always find replacement parts if something breaks, and replacing parts on a non matching gun isnt gonna reduce the value any.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Hey BlueHeeler, VERY NICE! Me likes a lot.
    You're right...that's what a C&R is all about. It's clear the C&R disease has taken a good hold on you lately. GFY! :D
    :party29:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    yep the AC code is walther.

very nice buy!

ive got a CYQ 44, its a great shooter i love it.

is yours import marked?

all matching numbers?

if it is non import marked and matching numbers, then it might make sense not to shoot it too much, though i firmly believe that regardless of value i would shoot anything i buy atleast a few times . you can always get a cheap post war P1 for like $300-$400 as a shooter and keep the WWII one as a safe queen.

if its not all matching then i wouldnt worry about it, shoot away, cause you can always find replacement parts if something breaks, and replacing parts on a non matching gun isnt gonna reduce the value any.

I think the numbers are matching. The frame and slide match. I cannot find a number on the barrel. I will shoot it a bit. There is an VERY small mark of "R GUNS" on the frame, that must be the import mark. Either way I am pleased.

Stupid question: Is there a preferred ammo or is normal 9mm ok? I do not want to start breaking things.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    BTW, did you get that from SOG? They have them in stock and I'm sooooo tempted. I hate the C&R disease...:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom