• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Get one from Keepshooting if possible. His are unbeatable, and you can pick your own, check the bore and throat, etc. Take a cleaning rod, some patches, and a bore light or small flashlight with you, so you can clear excess cosmoline from the bore, allowing inspection.

If you order online, AIM generally has good quality stuff at good prices. I was disappointed in the bore of the one I got from AIM, however. I was able to pick a nicer bore at Keepshooting. Both had been arsenal refurbished to excellent condition on the outside.

So the description about dark bores @ aim, how bad was it

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Oh yeah almost forgot that i got another 91/30 Hex from SOG, while it was interesting as it had a blade front sight, i cant say the quality was worth the money i spent. The ones from keep shooting were much much nicer, Brian is the Man!!!!!!!

the five on the left came from Brian at KeepShooting, the Darker one is the one from SOG and the carbine from a private seller on gunboards.

picture_127_577871.jpg

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Are you gonna eat that watermelon...or is that a target?:lol2:

0912091906.jpg
    jenni's grandpa grows them at town n country liquors to give out to people. i guess they're close enough to the nuclear plant that it's got terrific effects on what grows there.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Thanks guys.

Keepshooting is the primary vendor at the moment, pm sent. I just finished my gun room tonight specifically with space for 3 Mosins. Now I need to find 3 Mosins.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Thanks guys.

Keepshooting is the primary vendor at the moment, pm sent. I just finished my gun room tonight specifically with space for 3 Mosins. Now I need to find 3 Mosins.

Brian is great and if he has any left you will have a ton of fun with them. Always turns heads at the range, leaves a big mark on your shoulder and cheap to shoot. Mosin is good rifle comrade.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Brian is great and if he has any left you will have a ton of fun with them. Always turns heads at the range, leaves a big mark on your shoulder and cheap to shoot. Mosin is good rifle comrade.

If it's good enough for conscripted, illiterate farm boys to repel Nazis at Stalingrad and take Berlin, it's good enough for me.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    There is a nice Mosin Nagant sniper rifle for sale at chesapeake guns on the eastern shore. Its an all matching hexagonal reciever from Tula. They want $660 and my buddy is about to put it on lay-away. I believe that's the same type of rifle Vasili Zeitsev used.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    There is a nice Mosin Nagant sniper rifle for sale at chesapeake guns on the eastern shore. Its an all matching hexagonal reciever from Tula. They want $660 and my buddy is about to put it on lay-away. I believe that's the same type of rifle Vasili Zeitsev used.

Ya, but I would rather have the rifle Simo Hayha used, the Finnish M28

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

Comparatively Vasili Zeitsev was an amateur (not to diminish his accomplishments.)

Mark

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    That helps a lot.

$660 really kind of defeats my purpose. Granted a hex sniper would be a good one to have. My theory (yikes:rolleyes:) is someday I will look back and say, “I remember back when you could buy a nice Mosin for under $100.” Even if they do not go up in value they will not lose value in the gun room. Regardless it is A LOT of gun for the money. IMveryHO MNs are one of the best deals in firearms at the moment.

That said I am shooting one for the first time this weekend.:gun2:

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009

Except (from my limited research) they didn't make Hex receiver sniper rifles. Round receiver only. So, it's not authentic and therefore not worth it in my opinion. Someone correct me please.

My theory (yikes:rolleyes:) is someday I will look back and say, “I remember back when you could buy a nice Mosin for under $100.”
    I agree.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Except (from my limited research) they didn't make Hex receiver sniper rifles. Round receiver only. So, it's not authentic and therefore not worth it in my opinion. Someone correct me please.

GECO, PE, and PEM snipers all had hex versions. You're probably thinking of just the PU snipers as they are the "newest" version and what you see everyone making fakes of.

If the store only wants $660-it's DEFINITELY a fake....or they have no idea what they have. A true hex PE is extremely rare and would be in the $3-5K+ range. More than likely it's an old hex ex-sniper that's been "re-snipered" with an Accumount set up.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    GECO, PE, and PEM snipers all had hex versions. You're probably thinking of just the PU snipers as they are the "newest" version and what you see everyone making fakes of.

If the store only wants $660-it's DEFINITELY a fake....or they have no idea what they have. A true hex PE is extremely rare and would be in the $3-5K+ range. More than likely it's an old hex ex-sniper that's been "re-snipered" with an Accumount set up.
    I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom