• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have developed an infatuation with the Mosin Nagant. The history, the look, and the price are attractive. I am set on getting an 1891/30 hex (maybe 2 hex for investment) and an M44. I usually go through an MD dealer to register in DC, so online purchace is not a problem. Also I would rather get all of the rifles at once and run them through DC registration at the same time rather than doing the process a bunch of times.

Are there any preferred vendors people buy their Mosins?
    I have seen these online, are they any good?

1891/30
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=95

Alternatively is it better to comb the gun shows and hope to find them there. I really hate spending a Saturday and $10 looking for a gun that may or may not be for sale at a show IYKWIM.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Keepshooting has had two importations of Mosin Nagants. I got mine in the first round, which was back in December. Top notch guns, all the accessories came with them for free, and the price was great: $85 out the door. The local gun store near me, The Tackle Box, has them for $140 with no accessories. Shoot him a PM
    ETA: For the love of God and all that is Holy, do NOT put your bayonet on unless you want it to stay there.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I picked up "the twins"

383305463.jpg

At KeepShooting, as well. IIRC, Brain still has a few left. Don't know if any are hex receivers, though...

Jamie

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Ok keepshooting.com sounds like the place for the M44. Excuse my ignorance, is there a store front or is it online business? Is the user name Keepshooting on MDshooters the owner of the business?

Thanks guys

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Check the Industry Partners section for contact details on Keep Shooting. I bought three from him. Great guys to deal with. Not really a store front per-se. You will need to make an appointment.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I've ordered about 10 MN91/30s from Aimsurplus.com back when I first got my C&R, they were ALL beautiful. I haven't been to keepshooting but I know they're top notch guys too. If they get M44s it'll be my first day trip after school lets out lol

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Got mine at the second go around at KeepShooting. Couldn't have been happier with the 3 that I picked up! Got myself 2 hex and 1 round 91/30's

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Get one from Keepshooting if possible. His are unbeatable, and you can pick your own, check the bore and throat, etc. Take a cleaning rod, some patches, and a bore light or small flashlight with you, so you can clear excess cosmoline from the bore, allowing inspection.

If you order online, AIM generally has good quality stuff at good prices. I was disappointed in the bore of the one I got from AIM, however. I was able to pick a nicer bore at Keepshooting. Both had been arsenal refurbished to excellent condition on the outside.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    If you can't get to keep shooting...

www.gunsnammo.com

Pat is a pleasure to deal with, easy transactions... I would HIGHLY recommend looking at an M39 or one of the 1950's Hungarian M44's. She has EXCELLENT Mosin's you pay a little more but you get a lot more in my opinion! Also she has a number of "antique" no FFL mosin's available for shipping.

FWIW, AIM has ALWAYS sent me great stuff.

Mark

PS - Ooops just saw you're in DC... sorry above link won't work for you! Still excellent place to get an M39 from.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I bought my first M44 from Shooter's Discount. It's my favorite.

Since then I've bought a couple more using my C&R, an M38 from a friend and a hex M91/30 from Century.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Argh, I wish, but I live in DC. C&R does not exist AFAIK. It is hurdles to own a gun legally here.

Gun control works.:rolleyes:

C&R exists EVERYWHERE in the US. Even DC can't stop you from having a C&R license. They might be able to regulate the transfers.... but if we take the federal stance that federal law trumps all... well then... DC is screwed.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom