• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

I am surprised. I have not watch Maher in a while but normally he goes fully unhinged rabid dog there in the adversarial interview. I think his producers made him play nice out of fear he would be made to look foolish.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Colion Noir is one of the best 2A advocates we have. Surprised that Maher had the nerve to go one-on-one with him.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Colion Noir is one of the best 2A advocates we have. Surprised that Maher had the nerve to go one-on-one with him.

Bill Maher acted like a little bitch in that clip. He did not even show his fangs like he does when he thinks he has easy mark sitting across from him.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Its kind of ironic... Maher wants to ban guns because they are bad, but he starts the topic by talking about his fondness for using drugs, which are banned. To start the show, Maher admits that bans DON'T WORK! I am a little surprised that Maher was as "reasonable" about these issues as he was... though he is still a liberal.

I've never seen/heard of Colion Noir before. He is a great spokesman and he's comfortable with a comedian poking a little fun at him and he is able to sidestep the racial overtones that Maher tries to throw into the argument. Maher throws the 2nd amendment as armed resistance to slave uprising, and Noir turns it around to show that the 2nd amendment helped the slaves and the North put down the south.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Yeah I was glad to see Noir was able to side step the couple of gotcha statements Maher tried to get him to step into.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Its kind of ironic... Maher wants to ban guns because they are bad, but he starts the topic by talking about his fondness for using drugs, which are banned. To start the show, Maher admits that bans DON'T WORK! I am a little surprised that Maher was as "reasonable" about these issues as he was... though he is still a liberal.

I've never seen/heard of Colion Noir before. He is a great spokesman and he's comfortable with a comedian poking a little fun at him and he is able to sidestep the racial overtones that Maher tries to throw into the argument. Maher throws the 2nd amendment as armed resistance to slave uprising, and Noir turns it around to show that the 2nd amendment helped the slaves and the North put down the south.

In Bill's defense he brings up a recent article where the author believes that the 2A was for the keeping slaves in line. That author's main agenda is hoping he can get enough of a following that history can be "re-written" so that they can push that gun ownership was not a tool of freedom but a tool for oppression masked in freedom.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    In Bill's defense he brings up a recent article where the author believes that the 2A was for the keeping slaves in line. That author's main agenda is hoping he can get enough of a following that history can be "re-written" so that they can push that gun ownership was not a tool of freedom but a tool for oppression masked in freedom.

I've had a couple of people try to impress that lie upon me too. My response is always "Even if that was true back then, and it wasn't, it's not true now. We also have a thirteenth amendment. The 2nd Amendment applies to me now."

It's amazing how that constitutional republic thing works over time even when there're attempts made to marginalize it.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Assfont says at the end "I don't want to make you mad...." That's because he'll be shown for the boob he really is. maher is a first class dirtbag plain and simple. He's clever but he's essentially stupid.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Who is that stupid munchkin chick, she was just using the same progressive gun talking points that have been used for 20 years.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    One interesting point was when Maher mentioned that he's much more accepting of the 2a now that trump is president. From teaching, I've got a LOT of friends that are pretty far left. Under obama, they were full-on statist and has zero issue with the president gobbling up power and the federal government growing in power and scope. Suddenly now, these same people are worried about the degree to which the president and federal government can control their lives. It's easier now to offer limited government, more localized control(less centralized), and the 2a to resist tyranny to those on the left. We need to do a better job of capitalizing on these conditions and extending a friendly dialogue to those on the left.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    I've had a couple of people try to impress that lie upon me too. My response is always "Even if that was true back then, and it wasn't, it's not true now. We also have a thirteenth amendment. The 2nd Amendment applies to me now."

It's amazing how that constitutional republic thing works over time even when there're attempts made to marginalize it.

Never surrender to the false premise that the Second Amendment had anything to do with slavery. When someone tries to lay that BS in front of you, tell them it's false and ask them if they've read Federalist 29 or Federalist 46, both of which very clearly lay out the reasoning for the Second Amendment in plain and simple language.

These were farmers, doctors, and lawyers who had to resort to using their privately owned guns an ammunition to overthrow their government. They had no faith that the new government would somehow be perfect and immune to the same types of abuses. They wanted to ensure that future generations maintained the ability to forcibly form a new government if and when it became necessary.

And when they laugh at you mockingly about regular people with small arms standing up to the full force and might of the US military, ask them how the North Vietnamese are doing these days, or the Taliban. Ask them how Muqtada al-Sadr is, now that his party owns 54 seats in Iraq. Even if the US military were willing to fight a popular revolutionary uprising in the US - even if they were willing to kill their own friends, neighbors, even family members - asymmetric warfare is very easily carried out until the larger side runs out of resources or will.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Never surrender to the false premise that the Second Amendment had anything to do with slavery. When someone tries to lay that BS in front of you, tell them it's false and ask them if they've read Federalist 29 or Federalist 46, both of which very clearly lay out the reasoning for the Second Amendment in plain and simple language.

These were farmers, doctors, and lawyers who had to resort to using their privately owned guns an ammunition to overthrow their government. They had no faith that the new government would somehow be perfect and immune to the same types of abuses. They wanted to ensure that future generations maintained the ability to forcibly form a new government if and when it became necessary.

And when they laugh at you mockingly about regular people with small arms standing up to the full force and might of the US military, ask them how the North Vietnamese are doing these days, or the Taliban. Ask them how Muqtada al-Sadr is, now that his party owns 54 seats in Iraq. Even if the US military were willing to fight a popular revolutionary uprising in the US - even if they were willing to kill their own friends, neighbors, even family members - asymmetric warfare is very easily carried out until the larger side runs out of resources or will.

Excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom