New Jersey bill is outright gun ban on .22-caliber rifles and leads to confiscation

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Brilliant legislation. Ban 110-150 year old rifle designs, because in the last few years, the banners have come to the conclusion that their modern cousins have transformed into assault rifles and are thus too dangerous to be lawfully owned by irresponsible private citizens.

The NRA should come up with a stupidity in firearms knowledge award, as whomever penned this bill deserves special recognition. Would need to give out multiple a year obviously (ghost guns et al.).

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I agree. I hope they pass it, he vetoes it and they override him. They deserve it good and hard up there.

WE deserve it good and hard? For WHAT? WHAT did we do? I voted for Steve Lonegan in 2009... hell I even HELPED Steve Lonegan in his last senate campaign. All of my reps are Republicans up here and they are all staunch supporters of 2A. My Congressman is one of the most conservative in the entire house of representatives. They hear from me constantly on the issue. We testify at the hearings, protest and even sue the state via ANJRPC and other organizations (and individuals.)

There's only so much you can do against gerrymandered districts, an activist hard left state court system, a constant influx of illegals (who consistently support anti gun democrats) and the elephant in the room (Bloomberg).

And no, we can't just "move." The real estate market in NJ is still in the crapper, with NJ being second in the nation for foreclosures.

I'm fairly confident that CC will veto the bill. I'm also fairly confident that there are not enough votes to override a veto either. A couple of Democrats vote against gun control and all Republicans do.

I agree with you Ryan_j and I don't understand the attitude. I hear some on this forum beyotch because FFLs from surrounding states have tat attitude about selling anything to anyone in MD. Also, should the bill get passed, what makes anyone here think it won't continue to get worse and even embolden our own gun grabbers here in Maryland. :sad20: Keep fighting the good fight...just hard as you can!

Sorry Mark,,,didn't catch the comment on sarcasm and while I certainly know something of HLM, this didn't ring a bell.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I agree with you Ryan_j and I don't understand the attitude. I hear some on this forum beyotch because FFLs from surrounding states have tat attitude about selling anything to anyone in MD. Also, should the bill get passed, what makes anyone here think it won't continue to get worse and even embolden our own gun grabbers here in Maryland. :sad20: Keep fighting the good fight...just hard as you can!

I thought I explained the sarcasm ... "deserve to get it good and hard" was invented as a sarcastic explanation of democracy in general. The original utterance was pointed at the people of Baltimore City and Maryland

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I thought I explained the sarcasm ... "deserve to get it good and hard" was invented as a sarcastic explanation of democracy in general. The original utterance was pointed at the people of Baltimore City and Maryland

You did...I missed it...and I fixed my comment. :D Somehow missed page 2. Gotta be more careful...
    did it a couple times lately.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    UPDATE:

I just wrote to Anthony Imperato of Henry Repeating Arms. He has answered my mail before, so we'll see what his response will be as I asked him whether he would be changing the Henry motto to ...

"Made in America, but NOT in NJ."

From the President of Henry Repeating Arms himself ...

We are disgusted by it and we are fighting it. We are already building guns in Wisconsin.

Sincerely,
    Anthony Imperato
    President

Henry Repeating Arms
    59 E 1st Street
    Bayonne, NJ 07002

Tel 201-858-4400
    Fax 201-858-4435
    Email anthony@henryrepeating.com
    Visit us on the web at www.henryrepeating.com

"Henry - Made in America or Not Made at All"

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Hate New Jersey? Yes, hate the freedom hateing mentality but remember there are millions of good people in that state. Let's not disrespect them but rather support their fight!

Remember that if they lose WE will be next.

Godspeed Jersey freedom lovers!!!

I don't see a lot of NJ gun owners complying with this law. People are already saying they won't comply.

ArchConservative

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2014
    And this is why Libertarianism will never work. A debauched society that accepts and celebrates homosexual "marriage" and third trimester baby murder will inevitably support tyrannical gun control.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    What really pisses me off is these are the same people who will tell you the "slippery slope" argument is ridiculous. Really? REALLY?

Is it ridiculous, or are you just afraid to argue the point because you know you can't win?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Christie for POTUS in 2016 !!!

Assuming that he signs it ...

Attachments

• fat-chance.jpg
      fat-chance.jpg
      92.2 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts