• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Frostburg

Jan 1, 2015
    This is brilliant!! It's like being undercover, like a spy or a sabateur!! :D

The only hope in Maryland is to change the Democrat Party from within, as it is way too strong and will resist any power from the Republican Party.

Why don't more people know about this?? I only found out by looking at this
    thread. You guys should get a LOT more people involved.

I totally would, but I live in Western Maryland, Allegany County. It's an entirely red enclave. We're practically our own separate state, lol.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Once the Trump/Hitlery election is over, will be able to better focus on this 2018 election cycle.

I accidentally stumbled onto this discussion last night and I've just finished reading the entire thread. I've always felt that my R votes were mostly wasted but I've still voted in every election. Im in the 7th congressional district while not as convoluted as the 3rd its statistically just as bad for any would be republican challenger. At least our MGA/senate district 9 is currently blue.

I wish I would have discovered this earlier.

I already called my best friend this morning and explained DiNO and he's agreed to research a bit more on his own.

I joined MSI at last weeks show.

So how else can I help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I accidentally stumbled onto this discussion last night and I've just finished reading the entire thread. I've always felt that my R votes were mostly wasted but I've still voted in every election. Im in the 7th congressional district while not as convoluted as the 3rd its statistically just as bad for any would be republican challenger. At least our MGA/senate district 9 is currently blue.

I wish I would have discovered this earlier.

I already called my best friend this morning and explained DiNO and he's agreed to research a bit more on his own.

I joined MSI at last weeks show.

So how else can I help?

Thanks to you all, and the so many others that have already made the move.

This is a very real strategy that has been going on for many years, it is most effective in states (districts) where there is a political crisis and overwhelming majority like we have now in much of Maryland.

What we need to do:

Get the word out. So many People just don't know how the system works, and they can do something more than complaining. A lot of folks are learning about this through MDShooters, bump this thread (post in this thread) ~weekly; and mention the power of being a DiNO, where appropriate in other threads, at work, in church, school, at the post office, to your friends while watching football, every time someone complains about how screwed up politics is in Maryland.

Do research. The number #1 question I get from people who 'get it' is... 'who do I vote for in the Democrat Primary?' We need to figure out district by district where it will matter most.

Campaign. Once we have a map, a more detailed plan, we work together across a wide spectrum (including social groups, political parties, gun clubs, etc) to mobilize a real campaign. A campaign AGAINST specific career politicians, to get them OUT!

We should connect.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    PSA - You Can Switch Back Now

Just as an FYI to those who switched but feel discomfort/heartburn - you can now switch back to R because the elections are non-partisan. :innocent0

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I like the Strategy, of which I now understand better it is a "Parasitoid" Project.

"an insect (Republican) and especially a wasp that completes its larval development within the body of another insect (Democrat) which it eventually kills and that is free-living (Marylander) as an adult."

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I like the Strategy, of which I now understand better it is a "Parasitoid" Project.

"an insect (Republican) and especially a wasp that completes its larval development within the body of another insect (Democrat) which it eventually kills and that is free-living (Marylander) as an adult."

Never thought of it that way, but hells yes!

We are taking Maryland back by using their political weapons against them.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The assholes who thought up that district should be designing golf courses because that's the only thing it resembles.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Today is the day after the 2016 Presidential election.

For many of us, this election turned out good for the top ticket; but could have been much better here in Maryland.

The good news is that the 2018 election will not be a Presidential election year, so only a small fraction of those that voted this year will vote in 2018. Even better news is that an even smaller fraction of those that will show up for the General election, will show up during the Democrat Only Primary election.

So... only us 'registered' Democrats can vote in the Democrat Primary election. This means in many districts as few as a couple thousand people (*registered Democrats) can make a HUGE difference. This will be an all or nothing year for Maryland politics. In some cases if only half of the registered Republicans switched to Democrat and voted in the Democrat Primary, together we could knock out one or more of the worst career Democrat politicians that have been wrecking this state for generations.

Funny-American-Dinosaur-Picture.jpg

https://ballotpedia.org/Presidential_election_in_Maryland,_2016

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If you live in a blue county, you can seriously affect the next election by changing to the Democrat party and voting in their Primary election. The darker the blue, the greater difference you can make.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 6.52.01 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 6.52.01 PM.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 135

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If you live in a blue county, you can seriously affect the next election by changing to the Democrat party and voting in their Primary election. The darker the blue, the greater difference you can make.

I'd like to believe that, but in the 2016 primary, half the registered Dems (of which I was a proud DINO) turned out to vote. That was about 189000 voters, out of 369000 eligible Democrats. The county has in excess of 690000 eligible voters, of whom 121000 are Republicans. That leaves about 200000 independent/other voters.

PG has a bit over 500000 voters, of whom about 440000 are Dem, and 43000 are Rep. However, the good news is that less than 38% of the registered Dems turned out to vote. More room for leverage there, looks like.

Monkey County is problematic, as there are so many politics junkies living there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom