• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Which is why many, many items there aren't expensive. I routinely leave the show with antique guns costing $300 and under.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Love to see some pics .

Purchased two shows ago. Couldn't attend last year. Prices on these ranged from $150 to $300. All three are in excellent condition and work perfectly.

IMG_1197 - Copy.JPG

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Bulldog Revolvers

If anybody actually shoots these old bulldogs and other old cartridge revolvers I could use a bit of advice.

I appreciate any pointers on what to look for, caliber to prefer/avoid when shopping at the show. I'm looking for a safe shooter at a good price. I think i would prefer a 45 or a 44. Cosmetics and rarity are secondary.

I have seen that 455 Webley ammo is still loaded by Fiocchi. I saw that 450 Adams and 442 RIC cases for sale. Oh my! Over a dollar each for empty brass.

I would assume that small amounts of Black Powder or substitutes are the safest bet as a propellant.

Guns that you can't shoot aren't so interesting. I'm not looking to shoot the gun a lot but a cylinder's worth on occasion would be ideal.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Looks like I will be dropping by. Hopefully there will be something there that will fit my budget. Time to show my ignorance...How does it work purchasing an antique handgun there, same as a regular handgun with the 77r and 7 day wait, etc. I do have a C&R license if that makes a difference.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Looks like I will be dropping by. Hopefully there will be something there that will fit my budget. Time to show my ignorance...How does it work purchasing an antique handgun there, same as a regular handgun with the 77r and 7 day wait, etc. I do have a C&R license if that makes a difference.

antiques are cash n carry in md. no paper work except for a receipt.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I’ll be three Saturday. I’ll be the guy drooling over everything.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Oh I am going in there hoping to find some cool stuff. More looking for militaria this time unless I find a rifle so cheap I can't ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom