• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The man asked specifically by name if IOTA was present , I answered. And as a further purely factual answer, a training exempt person needs only the LiveScan , access to the internet and a credit card .

The rest of the story is you should not give patronage to back stabbing hypocrites , even if you have to drive a little bit to get a LiveScan , for a less money .

The HQL is evil , don't legitimize it .

If you are at the Fredrick show , in search of training provider , same building , near the door along right wall is Mountain Top Firearms Training LLC . Good people, 2A & MSI supporters . Head instructor is female if makes a difference. ( For me , doesn't matter for either giving or recieving instruction , instruction should be tailored to imdividual , not two broad catagories, etc. But it is a string market demand , with no downsides.)

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Thanks for the answer, I think. I've walked past them every time since the HPRB fiasco, never wanted to support those kind of shenanigans, am just Jonesing for a new pistola (or three) and thought it would be a two birds / one stone kind of day. I should just go look for the sticky on how to get your HQL as my son needs his too.

PITA all around.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for the answer, I think. I've walked past them every time since the HPRB fiasco, never wanted to support those kind of shenanigans, am just Jonesing for a new pistola (or three) and thought it would be a two birds / one stone kind of day. I should just go look for the sticky on how to get your HQL as my son needs his too.

PITA all around.

I went to FYE fingerprints in Elliott city. 5 mins and done.

No affiliation just appreciated how quick it was

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If you're concerned about the training, a simple way to bypass it is to buy the cheapest C&R handgun you can find. Just check the C&R exemption box when filling out the 77R. Once the handgun is yours after the 7-day wait, you're exempt from training.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I was a bit dismayed by the shortage of vendors, but that's been happening for some time. While not looking for one I found a Colt M4 variation I didn't have and picked it up...a M4 in FDE finish and a 14.5" barrel with fixed Vortex flash suppressor. Nice piece...I'll add a Magul collapsible stock and be happy.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you're concerned about the training, a simple way to bypass it is to buy the cheapest C&R handgun you can find. Just check the C&R exemption box when filling out the 77R. Once the handgun is yours after the 7-day wait, you're exempt from training.

Haha, that’s a great idea!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I was a bit dismayed by the shortage of vendors, but that's been happening for some time. While not looking for one I found a Colt M4 variation I didn't have and picked it up...a M4 in FDE finish and a 14.5" barrel with fixed Vortex flash suppressor. Nice piece...I'll add a Magul collapsible stock and be happy.

What model is it? Just trying to find another MD legal Colt.
    Pictures would be great as well
    Thanks

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    What model is it? Just trying to find another MD legal Colt.
    Pictures would be great as well
    Thanks

It's a model CE2000HB-FDE. I plan on replacing the butt stock with a Magpul unit and the hand guards with the fatter M4 type. I haven't decided what, if any optics to add. I have red-dot optics on other M4s I have. Maybe a holographic type or none at all for this one.

That's the great thing about AR/M4 rifles and carbines...they're so great to customize to suit any need.

Colt_FDE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom