• Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Please include PG...lot’s of rascals running.

Oh yeah! A certain female Delegate who introduced a much discussed bill (*cough* 1302 *cough*) has been selected to make the rounds with The Anointed One candidate for PG County Exec. (The Geraldine+Alsabrooks Road Show, coming to an HOA near you soon) :mad54:

Dirty_Civilian

Apr 12, 2018
    Here
    I'm in. I went to my local board of elections and changed my party. It's time that I give up some modern distractions and start helping to make this country a better place for my kids.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm in. I went to my local board of elections and changed my party. It's time that I give up some modern distractions and start helping to make this country a better place for my kids.

You can do it online, just need your driver's license.

At the same time you can opt for an absentee ballot for both the primary and general elections, in the off chance that you distrust computerised "voting" machines.

https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/InstructionsStep1

Dirty_Civilian

Apr 12, 2018
    Here

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    With all the Dem candidates primary for Governor, how does that work? Most votes out of the herd and that's it? If that is the method, I 'd think Baker is a shoe in.

Dirty_Civilian

Apr 12, 2018
    Here
    With all the Dem candidates primary for Governor, how does that work? Most votes out of the herd and that's it? If that is the method, I 'd think Baker is a shoe in.

For me it's about the legislators. Voting for the democRAT that is closest to center. Unfortunately I am in district 28 and I feel that I have no voice.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For me it's about the legislators. Voting for the democRAT that is closest to center. Unfortunately I am in district 28 and I feel that I have no voice.

Then there's district 20.

Sadly, every candidate is no different from any other candidate. Doesn't seem to matter which one you pick. I just vote against incumbents.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Going through the sample ballot for my area. I recommend you all do the same.

www.elections.maryland.gov and look down the left side for ballot proofs, then by county. It's a PDF of ALL the ballots, with R first, then D.

What I find very cool is that 2 MDS members appear on both the R and D ballots in this area.

Print yours out, and start going through it. A lot will be DNV (Do Not Vote), but the incumbents should generally be voted against, with the possible exception of Peter Franchot (if you so choose, though he's unopposed), or the rare case of a friendly who has been doing a good job.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Also, if for some reason someone was wanting to change their party affiliation to Democrat, today is the last day to do it and qualify to vote in the primary.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wife is changing hers right now...

But, I've been mulling over the Gov options.

Heard some new polling today that is very interesting.

-Hogan's favorable among Ds is at 60+%, 70+ with Rs
    -Hogan is leading all Dems at this point in head-to-head
    -Among Ds only, none get more than (IIRC) 17% against the field ("undecided" gets 39%)
    -Madaleno comes in 4th among Ds (Jealous, Baker, Ervin, Madaleno)
    -Madaleno is the D who polls highest against Hogan (yes, those don't seem to make sense)
    -Poll seems to suggest that Ds may not turn out in huge numbers

For me, it's a tossup between Ervin (for obscurity) and Madaleno (for nutjobbiness). Baker and Jealous might 'idiot' themselves out of contention, but is that a chance we're willing to take?

Thoughts?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Madelano is who I’m voting for. In a head to head race he looks the most like Hogan in more ways to one. IMO that means that he is likely to disenfranchise extreme parts of the democrat party in the state. My hope is that that apathy towards Madelano will keep some democrats from the polls which may have some influence on downstream local races.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    My DINO stategy is as follows:

1) the most rightward leaning Democrat if there is slim to no chance of an R winning
    or
    2) the weakest D candidate that has a chance of winning the D Primary if the R candidate has a chance of winning.

This is what I have so far:

GOV
    Baker - NO - endorsed by O'Malley. Nuff said.

Jaffe - pro-life, against gun control, fiscally conservative
    https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/36465/ralph-jaffe/#.Wxl8Ne4vzIU

Jealous
    Jones
    Ervin
    Madaleno
    Ross
    Shea
    Vignarajah

SENATE:
    Cardin - NO WAY
    Jetmir
    Manning - Batshit crazy leftist. Def weak but prob doesn't stand a chance to win the primary
    Morgan
    Segal
    Vaughn
    Wilson
    Young

REP DISTRICT 2
    Pretot - Army Vet, unknown views
    Ruppersberger - NO

STATE SENATE DIST 8
    Davidson
    Klausmeier - YES - A+ rating

HOUSE OF DELGATES DIST 8
    Bhandari
    Bromwell - Yes - voted against in-state tuition for illegals and has an A+ NRA rating
    Jackson
    Werner

BALTIMORE COUNTY EXEC
    Almond - NO
    Brochin - NO WAY

Marron - Supports gun safely over gun control. Most centrist of all candidates. From Parkville
    http://www.wbaltv.com/article/profile-kevin-marron-running-for-baltimore-county-executive/21204944

Olzewski - NO

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Far as I'm concerned, Manning is "The Man" for the Dem Senate nomination.

Cardin has a lot of nerve not dropping out in favor of Manning. Is he some sort of homophobe or something? Shame.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    My DINO stategy is as follows:

1) the most rightward leaning Democrat if there is slim to no chance of an R winning
    or
    2) the weakest D candidate that has a chance of winning the D Primary if the R candidate has a chance of winning.

This is what I have so far:

GOV
    Baker - NO - endorsed by O'Malley. Nuff said.

Jaffe - pro-life, against gun control, fiscally conservative
    https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/36465/ralph-jaffe/#.Wxl8Ne4vzIU

Jealous
    Jones
    Ervin
    Madaleno
    Ross
    Shea
    Vignarajah

SENATE:
    Cardin - NO WAY
    Jetmir
    Manning - Batshit crazy leftist. Def weak but prob doesn't stand a chance to win the primary
    Morgan
    Segal
    Vaughn
    Wilson
    Young

REP DISTRICT 2
    Pretot - Army Vet, unknown views
    Ruppersberger - NO

STATE SENATE DIST 8
    Davidson
    Klausmeier - YES - A+ rating

HOUSE OF DELGATES DIST 8
    Bhandari
    Bromwell - Yes - voted against in-state tuition for illegals and has an A+ NRA rating
    Jackson
    Werner

BALTIMORE COUNTY EXEC
    Almond - NO
    Brochin - NO WAY

Marron - Supports gun safely over gun control. Most centrist of all candidates. From Parkville
    http://www.wbaltv.com/article/profile-kevin-marron-running-for-baltimore-county-executive/21204944

Olzewski - NO

For our DINO votes to count the most, I think that we need to vote in a block in each of these races, to be most effective. In some races, we may need to abstain from voting for any candidate, to make them appear weaker. The most important Dino vote this election, is for the most unelectable D candidate for Governor. This discussion may be better suited to the WC.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm also thinking of not casting a vote for unopposed candidates, just to send a message to those smug b*stards.

I also find it interesting that Rush Baker has done nearly no campaigning in Bowie. Does he really think he has a lock on the nomination for Gov?

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    For those who are into the DINO strategy, for the most part we have almost no activity for the primary! A few exceptions to that are below. Unfortunately, I've tried to get better information, but haven't been able to. Here Goes:

DISTRICT 6 (Essex, Dundalk) DEMOCRATS: For the Senate race, Russ Mirabile is probably the stronger candidate to advance to the general. For the House Races, allies Nick D'Adamo and Diane DeCarlo are worthy of your votes here!

DISTRICT 8 (Perry Hall, Overlea): Make sure Kathy Klausmeier is successful in her attempt to overcome her primary challenge and that Delegate Eric Bromwell goes on to the General. Bullet vote for Bromwell He was but one of two Democrats to vote against the 'Red-flag bill' (the other being Ned Carey from Anne Arundel County)!!

DISTRICT 28 (Charles Country): DEMOCRATS: For the House race, C.T Wilson and John Coller are worthy of your votes here! Do your best to try to advance BOTH of them to the general! To what I'll surmise may be the lesser of Evils, vote for Debra Davis, too. DO ALL YOU CAN TO TRY TO THWART VICTORY FROM EDITH PATTERSON AND EDWARD HOLLAND!!!!!

GUBERNATORIAL: Jaffe is about the only pro-gun candidate for that office on the Democrat ticket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom