• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Eh .

Let's have the same rollback for the Nice Bridge as was for the Bay Bridge .

( Likewise the sentiments about adding a tracker to my vehicle .)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What is nogun Hogan's infatuation with tolls? I don't understand it.

I believe it is a shiny scrap he figures he can throw the conservative voters that costs the state very, very little but gets tons of press and makes him look like the great fiscal steward looking out for the working people. Personally I'm waiting for the even better and more significant offers he has in store for us, like a free lollipop with every VEIP test, or maybe all two year registration plates get a smiley sticker on their registration card at no extra charge.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shiny scrap for the masses generally, easily reducable to sound bites .

Don't get me wrong . Reduced tolls are presumptively a good thing , and we'd be screaming if a Gov were wholesale raising tolls . But as a centerpiece, and major accomplishment of his tenure , it's thin .

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Someone on another forum asked a similar question today. I logged onto my ezpass account and when I clicked the "order additional transponders" there was an option for the flex, at $16.50. The standard was $0.00. and some sort of license plate version for $12 or so.

Edit: to clarify, that was my Maryland ezpass account

I have one of the license plate transponders on my Mustang convertible.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    What a guy! Makes me almost want to vote for him again. Now if only he would give us seniors the tax cut on retirement income he promised.:lol2:

What did he promise as far as a tax cut on retirement income? Seniors already get a $29,000 deduction on retirement income, on top of the personal exemptions and standard/itemized deductions. The returns I prepare for seniors in Maryland usually have very little, if any, Maryland tax associated with them unless they have a crap ton of investment income that is not considered retirement income.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I believe it is a shiny scrap he figures he can throw the conservative voters that costs the state very, very little but gets tons of press and makes him look like the great fiscal steward looking out for the working people. Personally I'm waiting for the even better and more significant offers he has in store for us, like a free lollipop with every VEIP test, or maybe all two year registration plates get a smiley sticker on their registration card at no extra charge.

Hogan has reduced the VEIP test cost, a federally mandated program, by 28% if you use the self service kiosk.

Hogan helped to ensure that Maryland still allows us to deduct personal exemptions on the 2018 Maryland income tax return even though the feds are doing away with personal exemptions.

Hogan tried to get the General Assembly to agree to allow Maryland taxpayers to choose between the standard deduction or itemizing, instead of being required to use the same method that is used on the federal return. However, the General Assembly did not go for it. The federal standard deduction for 2018 is going to be $24,000 for married couples filing jointly, but the Maryland standard deduction for married couple filing jointly will be around $4,200. Huge difference between the two, especially when somebody's itemized deductions might be around $20,000.

Hogan might not be the best and greatest when it comes to 2A, but he is pretty good when it comes to taxes, education, and business growth.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-hogan-fact-check-20180131-story.html

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    What a guy! Makes me almost want to vote for him again. Now if only he would give us seniors the tax cut on retirement income he promised.:lol2:

Dream On zzzzzz...

The Governor is powerless to do anything by himself (other than to VETO something that he doesn't like)...

He can only make recommendations to the Democratic Leadership of both houses...

Which of the Democratic candidates will you vote for INSTEAD of Hogan..?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Dream On zzzzzz...

The Governor is powerless to do anything by himself (other than to VETO something that he doesn't like)...

He can only make recommendations to the Democratic Leadership of both houses...

Which of the Democratic candidates will you vote for INSTEAD of Hogan..?

Hogan IS a demorat. So..................:innocent0

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I'll be honest - I don't understand all the Hogan hate. Sure, could we find someone better for the 2A community sure - but they'll never be elected in this state. He's the furthest towards the right that we'll ever see. Any other Dem-y and we'll be visiting Annapolis and complaining more often. I wish things were different but as long as the 95 corridor (minus harford/cecil counties) runs the state, it is what it is.. Just a realist. In the end - I see him the best of the bad and millions of times better than O'Crappy. So so glad O'Crappy isn't around any more... My wallet couldn't afford him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom