• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    Here is the (canned) response from Gov Hogans ofc regarding my e-mail about the various bits of anti-firearms, anti-2A, legislation. Note the use of the term 'common sense policies' when it comes to his support of the legislation.... interestingly it is the same term used by the various gun grabbers... it makes one wonder, eh :?

""
    Dear Mr. xxxx:
    Thank you for your recent correspondence to Governor Hogan regarding laws governing the use of firearms in Maryland. The Governor appreciates your input and has asked me to respond on his behalf. As Deputy Chief of Staff, I oversee Maryland State Police, the state agency charged with registering and regulating firearms.
    As you may know, prior to the governor taking office, Maryland had already enacted some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation. In the current session of the Maryland General Assembly, there has not been any proposed legislation to implement new or extended waiting periods for the purchase of firearms, change the legal age restrictions for the purchase of firearms, or ban specific models or categories of firearms or ammunition.
    Governor Hogan supports the Second Amendment, and is also supportive of common sense policies to prevent individuals with mental illnesses or a violent criminal background from harming themselves or others with a firearm. In February, the Governor announced support for several targeted initiatives to protect Maryland citizens, including: legislation allowing family members or law enforcement to petition the court for an order that would prohibit an individual from possessing firearms or ammunition if they were deemed by a judge to be a danger to themselves or others; legislation to strengthen and clarify current law to prohibit an individual convicted of domestic violence from possessing firearms; and legislation that would prohibit the purchase, possession, or use a rapid fire trigger activator, also known as a "bump stock."
    When considering this and any proposed legislation addressing constitutional rights, the Hogan administration has consistently urged the Maryland General Assembly to require stringent due process, and will continue to do so. Than you again for sharing your concerns with the Governor. Being responsive to your concerns is a top priority of the Hogan Administration.
    Sincerely,

Walter F. "Pete" Landon
    Director, Governor's Office of Homeland Security
    Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Hogan ""

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    What a diaper full-load of chit that is . How will i protect myself from people like Hogan and the rest of the anti-gun folks . The elephant is the guns and they will take one bit every so often till they finish off the elephant .

I say that in the nicest way as not to be deemed crazy . Gotta be careful nowadays .:rolleyes::mad54:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    The thing is that the governor gave clear guidance to the MGA on the red flag bill. While I'm not find of the idea, he made some very specific due process stipulations. Few of those were in the bill he signed into law. I don't understand why he signed it as written. He could have saved the public relations mess by stating, "I gave them clear guidance on what I would sign, but they largely ignored that guidance, so I'm not signing it."

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Hardly a " canned" response but it seems clear that Hogan is trying to garner political support from the anti-gunners, those sitting on the fence and the less-than-hardcore gun rights supporters for the upcoming campaign. That's politics.

Like most he supports the Second Amendment BUT.....

There are few that support it unconditionally.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hogan supporting the Second Amendment means he supports it as an article in The Bill of Rights.

That's a far cry from embracing the Second Amendment and the rights afforded us by its existence.

Nice try though.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The thing is that the governor gave clear guidance to the MGA on the red flag bill. While I'm not find of the idea, he made some very specific due process stipulations. Few of those were in the bill he signed into law. I don't understand why he signed it as written. He could have saved the public relations mess by stating, "I gave them clear guidance on what I would sign, but they largely ignored that guidance, so I'm not signing it."

The internal polling has been completed and it says he won't be needing Deplorable Bitter Clinger votes to win his reelection bid.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Citizens4quinn.com

Hogan chose the wrong side and does not care about personal liberties. Not just these anti gun bills that he not only signed but invited and did the photo op with Moms Need D!€k, he was also a ghost with the 1a violations with the capitol police.

He is a RINO and we are better off with a democrat than a RINO. You are gonna get the same thing and at least with a democrat you can trust they mean what they say they want to do and more importantly the other republicans won’t be afraid to fight against them.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    It's a canned response. I got the same. I heard the same crap here in Mt Airy. Everyone of my town elected officials said the same junk "We support the 2nd Amendment but ..."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's a canned response. I got the same. I heard the same crap here in Mt Airy. Everyone of my town elected officials said the same junk "We support the 2nd Amendment but ..."

At least y'all got a response. All I got were panhandling emails.

Oh, and WRT a meter for the above email:

bs_meter.jpg

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Regarding the use of the term "common sense." When I see or hear that used nowadays, no matter the side or the context, I am instinctually predisposed to completely ignore the rest of the message. The inanity right up there with "it is what it is."

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Regarding the use of the term "common sense." When I see or hear that used nowadays, no matter the side or the context, I am instinctually predisposed to completely ignore the rest of the message. The inanity right up there with "it is what it is."

Using "common sense" is just their little way of letting you know that their opinion is the correct one and there's no use trying to argue with them because it'll just show your ignorance.
    Pretentious assholes do this all the time

Pandering to the democrats...clear and simple...he used gun owners as political pawns..His people weighed the number of democrats votes lost with a veto versus the number of votes he would lose from gun owners if he signed it...and you know what? Reading a lot of posts here he was right...Not right by signing, but right counting the lost votes..WAYYYY too many here are willing to support him because they really don't value their 2A rights as they claim..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom