• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    If he doesn't sign or veto the bill, does it become law by itself?

Last edited:

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I called to let them know how I feel about this bill being passed. They again stated that it is not in the list of bills for the Governor to sign today or tomorrow. They gave the usual B.S. telling me that they will let the governor know how I feel. :sad20: Really disappointed by this State and our representatives. The outlook doesn't look good and I don't think freedom loving people belong or should stay in Maryland. The State is a lost cause. There is no future for us here and it's just something that we have to accept. It is clear what their intent is with this bill. They will use it against us make no mistake about it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That 2000 character limit sure does stink. I had to make it short and sweet. I guess I will have to mail a longer complaint to this Bill. However if he's signing Bills today, this Bill will probably be one that he signs. Get it over quickly before he can take to much heat.

This state disgusts me more and more, every day I'm a resident. I wish my wife could retire early, I'd be gone tomorrow.

Writing something longer might help you vent, but people who receive a lot of mail are more likely to read and absorb it when it's short and to the point.

As O'Reilly used to say, "Keep it pithy."

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I called to let them know how I feel about this bill being passed. They again stated that it is not in the list of bills for the Governor to sign today or tomorrow. They gave the usual B.S. telling me that they will let the governor know how I feel. :sad20: Really disappointed by this State and our representatives. The outlook doesn't look good and I don't think freedom loving people belong or should stay in Maryland. The State is a lost cause. There is no future for us here and it's just something that we have to accept. It is clear what their intent is with this bill. They will use it against us make no mistake about it.

Welcome to east coast california. :sad20:

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    S.U. and I have both called and written.

Just received a fundraising email from the Guv now that the fundraising embargo has been lifted with the end of the session.

So if he vetoes HB1302 he’ll get some sugar. If he either signs it or otherwise lets it become law, I’ll send back to him the last two of the Homebrewers For Hogan bumper stickers I have left, plus the one that’s currently on my vehicle, with appropriate mark-ups...then await service of an ERPO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Forgive my ignorance but has this governor ever seemed willing to support 2A rights or does he pay it lip service and bail if there is a political cost associated with his support?

This seems like a situation where he can not-sign it, say he doesn't support it, but won't stand in it's way. Who are 2A supporters going to vote for, a Dem?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Don't feel completely defeated. It's thru the efforts of Rack & the rest of the patriots that the bill isn't as bad as it could've been.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Forgive my ignorance but has this governor ever seemed willing to support 2A rights or does he pay it lip service and bail if there is a political cost associated with his support?

There have been a number of discussions on this topic. Some don't like his position on the 2A others are saying wait and see. I was at one point a very staunch supporter of Governor Hogan, but in the last 3 months, I've realized (my point of view) that he has not and will not support any pro 2A stance.

I would love to have to eat my words and see him veto this Bill. However, this is just one of many where he could have made a difference and he did not. So at least from my point of view, he's done.

Yes, I know about what we would be getting if a Dem was in office. But one can only hope that he gets a real Republican to run against him in the primary.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I received the MSI update and just finished writing Hogan to ask him to veto this bill. Make sure you all do the same. Not too hard to do, and if he gets a lot of requests from people he might just think about what this bill does and how terrible it is.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Are we missing that once someone calls to report a red flag,, Says, " I am not sure how many firearms, but I know he has a bump stock too...... "

I was with good people in Annapolis last night PP. Got home at 210am.. Read most of the States response on Rack V Pope.. made me a little nauseous.

The state has more rights than the people. Is it supposed to be like that?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't feel completely defeated. It's thru the efforts of Rack & the rest of the patriots that the bill isn't as bad as it could've been.

Yes, we are very thankful for their efforts. That can't be denied. But the strange thing, everything those folks did for this Bill SHOULD have been done by our representatives, not a grass roots effort.

Their excuses that there was no opposition to the Bill is laughable. Does this mean that they can't think for themselves and they need a group or groups to tell them how to vote? If that's the case then step down and let people who can think for themselves have a chance to help run the state. I don't need a robot in Annapolis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom