• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I asked Sean and Brian to ask. Haven't heard anything from them since they got there. But seeing pictures on instagram of them .

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As soon as the HK model hits it will be in our store! Right Now Franklin triggers are $350 if anyone wants one We have four left!

I would liked to have known that a couple days ago.

Does anyone know offhand if the BF3 will work/fit in a PSA 9 mm Glock lower?

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Interesting video. A mix of set-ups and ammo types. Doesn't seem to play well with piston guns:

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I am about an inch from ordering one of these? How do they compare to the Fostech Echo? Is there any safety advantage to the Echo over the Binary?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I am about an inch from ordering one of these? How do they compare to the Fostech Echo? Is there any safety advantage to the Echo over the Binary?

The 2 advantages of the Franklin over the echo is 1 price. 2 as of yet the echo won't work on a 9mm because they have yet to offer a 9mm bolt carrier. Also won't work on AR beltfeds for the same reason. They both work the same way as far as the selector operations. If for example you are in binary mode and want to let off the trigger without firing it. You simply turn your selector to semi , then let go of the trigger. The 2nd round will not fire.by design the echo can not be over ran. An other words operate the trigger faster than the action. So far with Rev 3 of the binary I haven't been able to do it either.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The 2 advantages of the Franklin over the echo is 1 price. 2 as of yet the echo won't work on a 9mm because they have yet to offer a 9mm bolt carrier. Also won't work on AR beltfeds for the same reason. They both work the same way as far as the selector operations. If for example you are in binary mode and want to let off the trigger without firing it. You simply turn your selector to semi , then let go of the trigger. The 2nd round will not fire.by design the echo can not be over ran. An other words operate the trigger faster than the action. So far with Rev 3 of the binary I haven't been able to do it either.

I think I am sold for my upcoming A2 style fixed stock HB carbine build. Been sitting on a Delton kit since black-Friday. Should be fun open sight off a carryhandle (regrettably its a detachable and not an A2 upper).

Maybe my next 9mm build when I get to it.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River

To use other caliber uppers with the Fostech trigger you will have to file the carrier in order to be able to close the upper and use a 9mm upper. There are youtube videos how they manually filed a 9mm carrier to get the angle for the Fostech to work.

Playing with the Franklin Binary 3 on an AR pistol no need to File the bolt. With a .22 CMMG conversion I ran the first magazine. Had some stoppage on the 2nd magazine then ran the 3rd magazine. Conclusion: User inexperience. :) With the Franklin I simply change the bolt and can shoot .223/556. This I will do on Monday or Tuesday.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    To use other caliber uppers with the Fostech trigger you will have to file the carrier in order to be able to close the upper and use a 9mm upper. There are youtube videos how they manually filed a 9mm carrier to get the angle for the Fostech to work.

Playing with the Franklin Binary 3 on an AR pistol no need to File the bolt. With a .22 CMMG conversion I ran the first magazine. Had some stoppage on the 2nd magazine then ran the 3rd magazine. Conclusion: User inexperience. :) With the Franklin I simply change the bolt and can shoot .223/556. This I will do on Monday or Tuesday.

I'll have to look up the video. I wonder why they don't machine the carrier unless they didn't have the equipment to?

So did yours run well with the .22 and Franklin Rev 3?

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Yes it did. I had fun firing .22 and it worked fine with the .45 cal Form1 suppressor. I think I ran through 200 rounds in no time. I have not tried firing .223 on the AR pistol since the BFS 3 installation but I will do so this week. I use the M&P 15/22 magazines on it and a lightning loader to make reloading easier. The Geissele S3G that used to be on this pistol has a lighter trigger pull similar to my son's toy guns but the Franklin BFS makes it go rat-a-tat. :)

As for the video wherein the 9mm bolt was filed manually, the video was done by an individual (not by Fostech) who was explaining why the angle was needed: part of the Fostech trigger would be hitting the bolt preventing proper alignment of the upper to the lower and insertion of the takedown pin. Since he was doing it himself the was erring on not removing too much.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I seem to recall Franklin uses a stock semi hammer. Read it somewhere or saw it in an online video or something. Not super reliable information. Was not trying to imply you installed the wrong hammer.

Anyway, wonder if Franklin got a lowest bidder deal on their hammers. With all of their production delays, I am pretty sure they are physically made overseas.

I stand corrected. I just bought a Gen 3 BFS to play with while waiting for the HK version. The packaging says 100% made in the USA.

Attachments

• 20170505_100047.jpg
      20170505_100047.jpg
      79.8 KB · Views: 156
    • 20170505_100025.jpg
      20170505_100025.jpg
      88.6 KB · Views: 155

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members