• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I can't wait to see how VA anti-gun folks try to twist the 2A so that they claim it doesn't protect well trained militias.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Glad to see Virginians taking a stand by doing this as well as sanctuary counties. Too bad Marylanders didn’t have the balls and backbone to take these kinds of stands in the past. Another reason why I want to move back to a free state because you see what their reactions are when the 2A is threatened...unlike Maryland where it’s just donating money and arguing in the capital with politicians who will never restore rights.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Glad to see Virginians taking a stand by doing this as well as sanctuary counties. Too bad Marylanders didn’t have the balls and backbone to take these kinds of stands in the past. Another reason why I want to move back to a free state because you see what their reactions are when the 2A is threatened...unlike Maryland where it’s just donating money and arguing in the capital with politicians who will never restore rights.

Maryland is unique. There's a lot of people living off of the government teat here, in the condensed central Maryland areas... And they won't anger the mother for fear of cutting off their milk (money) supply.

That translates into professional, government, private and welfare recipients.

You can disagree as to how much this is impacting. It has an adverse impact however.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Maryland is unique. There's a lot of people living off of the government teat here, in the condensed central Maryland areas... And they won't anger the mother for fear of cutting off their milk (money) supply.

You can disagree as to how much this is impacting. It has an adverse impact however.
    I don’t disagree at all. It’s sad that the sheep here love their govt provided teat “milk” more than their Constitutional rights.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ding ding ding

exactly

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I don’t disagree at all. It’s sad that the sheep here love their govt provided teat “milk” more than their Constitutional rights.

I'm fairly certain at least half the population of Maryland wouldn't live in Maryland at all if they weren't being paid by tax dollars.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ...Too bad Marylanders didn’t have the balls and backbone to take these kinds of stands in the past....

I don’t totally disagree with this but, what I remember as being a primary factor working against us during the late 80’s (Schaefer :tdown:) and 90’s (Glendenning :tdown:) was the terribly effective anti-2A tactic of I-N-C-R-E-M-E-N-T-A-L-I-S-M (“just” Saturday Night Specials ... “just” well, everyone gets the idea ...)

Of course, where the lack of balls really did come in (still does come in all over America) (and what I can never forget if not forgive) is the “this doesn’t effect me (or the type of shooting I do)” mindset that countless MD firearms owners rationalized and really allowed the anti-2A movement in MD to (without even planning it) “DIVIDE & CONQUER”

Bloomberg just may have fvcked up by departing from that successful playbook and, in “going for it all,” awakened masses of Dominions ... :fingerscrossed:

I don’t want to start a flame war here so, I’ll just throw out that there were (remain :mad54: ) certain firearms / outdoor enthusiasts who didn’t feel threatened when the sh*t started incrementally in the 80’s, every 4 years (“just” Saturday Night Specials ... “just” evil guns ... just high cap mags ... just private transfers ...) and left the men and women protesting in Lawyers Square in Annapolis completely hanging.

I don’t know if I’ll ever forgive those worthless mutherfvckers for that ...

Heck, right here in WNC a couple years ago as we were 1/2 way through a sporting course one of the octogenarian old guard pillars of the Hickory shooting / gun club establishment puked up, “I don’t think anyone needs an assault rifle or high cap mags...”. It was the first time I’d ever met let alone shot with the elder and I was completely floored BUT, I am ever grateful to the much younger friend who had invited me to shoot with he and the other 3 “old guard pillars” when he took the old Fudd directly to task for such myopic mental dysentery ... (meanwhile, my mind flashed back THREE DECADES to Lawyers Square in Annapolis :sad20:

By now I hope it’s clear I’m not necessarily disagreeing; rather, what I see as a glaring difference between MD and VA is that MD was lost largely through “death by __ # of cuts” often not effecting wide swaths of firearms MD owners, every 4 years whereas pretty much every damn gun owner in VA (hunters, antique militaria collectors, trap shooters, hell, even precision competitors and even muzzleloaders only) are being threatened, with the flip of a switch ...

It really is heartening to see the Resistance building and spreading, though!!!!! :thumbsup: :party29:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Fat, dumb and happy. It is not just those suckling on the government teat. Those suckling at the teat of their private employer have been become fat, dumb and happy too.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The story I read about Tazewell County had quotes from the Virginia Constitution ranting against standing armies and actually requiring militias. More of the "Sanctuary" counties need to form county militia - going on the interpretation of the VA Constitution requiring it.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I don’t totally disagree with this but, what I remember as being a primary factor working against us during the late 80’s (Schaefer :tdown:) and 90’s (Glendenning :tdown:) was the terribly effective anti-2A tactic of I-N-C-R-E-M-E-N-T-A-L-I-S-M (“just” Saturday Night Specials ... “just” well, everyone gets the idea ...)

Of course, where the lack of balls really did come in (still does come in all over America) (and what I can never forget if not forgive) is the “this doesn’t effect me (or the type of shooting I do)” mindset that countless MD firearms owners rationalized and really allowed the anti-2A movement in MD to (without even planning it) “DIVIDE & CONQUER”

Bloomberg just may have fvcked up by departing from that successful playbook and, in “going for it all,” awakened masses of Dominions ... :fingerscrossed:

I don’t want to start a flame war here so, I’ll just throw out that there were (remain :mad54: ) certain firearms / outdoor enthusiasts who didn’t feel threatened when the sh*t started incrementally in the 80’s, every 4 years (“just” Saturday Night Specials ... “just” evil guns ... just high cap mags ... just private transfers ...) and left the men and women protesting in Lawyers Square in Annapolis completely hanging.

I don’t know if I’ll ever forgive those worthless mutherfvckers for that ...

Heck, right here in WNC a couple years ago as we were 1/2 way through a sporting course one of the octogenarian old guard pillars of the Hickory shooting / gun club establishment puked up, “I don’t think anyone needs an assault rifle or high cap mags...”. It was the first time I’d ever met let alone shot with the elder and I was completely floored BUT, I am ever grateful to the much younger friend who had invited me to shoot with he and the other 3 “old guard pillars” when he took the old Fudd directly to task for such myopic mental dysentery ... (meanwhile, my mind flashed back THREE DECADES to Lawyers Square in Annapolis :sad20:

By now I hope it’s clear I’m not necessarily disagreeing; rather, what I see as a glaring difference between MD and VA is that MD was lost largely through “death by __ # of cuts” often not effecting wide swaths of firearms MD owners, every 4 years whereas pretty much every damn gun owner in VA (hunters, antique militaria collectors, trap shooters, hell, even precision competitors and even muzzleloaders only) are being threatened, with the flip of a switch ...

It really is heartening to see the Resistance building and spreading, though!!!!! :thumbsup: :party29:

I don't think this apathy is unique to Maryland. I rarely see any VA folks, specifically the VDCL at any events. They had another opportunity to stand against the gun grabbers at the SCOTUS last week. Maryland pro gun patriots were there.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Hi Bob,

I just clicked it from your post and it worked. Anyone else having trouble getting to it?

No problem with the link here.

From the article:
    As for the people, our Militia Resolution will be funding firearms safety and training for our county’s citizens, the ROTC and the public school systems - as well as the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

When I went to school in southeast Ohio, There were some famous 'locals' that called themselves the "Southeast Ohio Defense Force" (labeled at least by this site as perhaps a 'terrorist' group). They were literally just a group of guys that went camping, drinking and shooting and had their own 'fleet' of middle eastern style technicals...old pickup trucks with welded crew-served weapon mounts - often seen (weaponless) parked around town. They were the self-reinforcing stereotype of the right wing militia that the Left loves to point to as "a greater threat that radical islam".

The approach quoted above from the article is obviously a much better thought-out and planned militia with some legit goals and a solid mission. I wonder how long before they make the terrorist list of domestic hate groups like the SPLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom