• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Got a call around 11:30 last night from our pastor, who was out of town, and then a HoCo PD detective who wanted to review the security camera footage from this incident which happened in the rear parking lot of our church.

Spent a couple of hours with them, the fatal muzzle blast is clearly seen on the video.

Story here:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/06/02/howard-county-police-searching-for-shooting-suspect/

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Pics from when I arrived last night.

f602753de7ffcce2e5df48b177ee5fdd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    From the HoCo PD Book of Faces:

NEWS RELEASE: Police seek suspect in fatal Ellicott City shooting

Howard County police are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred last night in Ellicott City and are seeking the whereabouts of the suspect.

Detectives have obtained an arrest warrant for Rane Dellinger, 20, of Autumn Hill Drive in Ellicott City, and are encouraging him to turn himself in to police.

Officers were called to the 4200 block of Montgomery Road just before 10 p.m. for a report that a man had been shot while sitting in his parked vehicle.

Jacob Robert Mauer, 20, of Haycarriage Court in Ellicott City, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Through preliminary investigation, detectives believe Mauer, Dellinger and a friend were sitting in the car, parked behind a building using drugs. Police believe Dellinger fired a single shot which struck Mauer, and then fled from the scene. Police are still investigating the circumstances leading up to the shooting.

Anyone with information should contact police at 410-313-STOP or HCPDcrimetips@howardcountymd.gov.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Hope they find him soon. How sad for another life to be taken due to drugs and violence. I haven't heard the reports say if he dropped the gun or if he is still armed.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Really sorry this happened on the church grounds Stoveman.
    Prayers for the families of those involved.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Really sorry this happened on the church grounds Stoveman.
    Prayers for the families of those involved.

Thanks, it was a little weird during service this morning. Both the Sun piece and the post on FB came out right before so some knew, some didn't.

A few of our Trustees had to clean up some trash left by the EMTs.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Sorry for all the innocents affected especially the families involved.

We are all affected because the liberals will chalk up one more death caused by an "evil gun" rather than recognizing a tragic loss of life caused by drugs and illegal activities. They will blame the tool instead of the causes and they will continue to waste time and resources by not addressing the real problems.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    My boys knew them from Centennial HS. Apparently, the people involved were best friends and drug dealers. Probably a negligent discharge under the influence.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And once again the left liberals will scream ban all guns when that is not problem and or the answer at all but the ease of drugs and light jail times that are given to drug dealers and parents who might have spared the rod of discipline when they were younger and now as young adults on their own making bad choices but what is even worse this happened on grounds where a church stands as well. It goes to show that nothing is off limits or out of bounds to the drug dealings and the usage of drugs as well.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    And once again the left liberals will scream ban all guns when that is not problem and or the answer at all but the ease of drugs and light jail times that are given to drug dealers and parents who might have spared the rod of discipline when they were younger and now as young adults on their own making bad choices but what is even worse this happened on grounds where a church stands as well. It goes to show that nothing is off limits or out of bounds to the drug dealings and the usage of drugs as well.

How many years have we been fighting the war on drugs? You think we are ever going to win that war? Have we even made a dent in the enemy? Seems like drug abuse, both bought on the street and bought at the local pharmacy, is more of an issue today than when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's.

Would longer prison sentences really have prevented this?

If it was a negligent discharge, maybe some common sense might have prevented this. Who really knows what happened in this matter, but longer prison sentences for drug dealers or drug users, would not have prevented this either. Now, actually having put the man in prison for the robbery would have prevented this, but hindsight is 20/20. If it was a negligent discharge, pretty much the same thing as driving while texting and causing a fatal auto accident.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    OP - was this really a murder? What are the facts that support a charge of "murder" versus a charge of "manslaughter"? Nothing I have seen so far shows that the alleged shooter actually intended to kill the victim.

How does a 20 year old have a handgun? Of course, I am assuming that it was a handgun involved in this incident and not a long gun, but maybe I am wrong there.

Guess we will eventually know what happened once the guy is apprehended, charged, and tried.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    My boys knew them from Centennial HS. Apparently, the people involved were best friends and drug dealers. Probably a negligent discharge under the influence.

Small world. I lived in EC for 20+ years. My kids went through Centennial as a well. My youngest is 21. Haven’t asked him about this yet so I don’t know if he knows either guy. As a dad of two boys in their early 20’s, this hits home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Chances are in this small drug crew or gang they had , more of their acquaintances will die in drug over-doses this guy happened to die with a bullet and faster . I am not saying that is a good thing but the drug problem is off the charts .
    Maybe we should outlaw drug addicts , or drugs , or guns , or church parking lots . Nothing is changing because we accept it , lets put needle boxes in bathrooms , lets give out free needles , yeah let's legalize drugs and make tax money then maybe i will never have to pay taxes again off of the profits and taxes .

Yes the last part i am being sarcastic , we have a nation of dependent people looking for government to solve our moral problems .

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Chances are in this small drug crew or gang they had , more of their acquaintances will die in drug over-doses this guy happened to die with a bullet and faster . I am not saying that is a good thing but the drug problem is off the charts .
    Maybe we should outlaw drug addicts , or drugs , or guns , or church parking lots . Nothing is changing because we accept it , lets put needle boxes in bathrooms , lets give out free needles , yeah let's legalize drugs and make tax money then maybe i will never have to pay taxes again off of the profits and taxes .

Yes the last part i am being sarcastic , we have a nation of dependent people looking for government to solve our moral problems .

I sit here wondering if this is the result of poor parenting. In my 20's, I knew a bunch of people that did drugs and owned firearms, most of which owned handguns. I went to houses where handguns were just lying around on table tops, kitchen counters, desktops, etc. and drugs were being used. My thought was always that the parents did a terrible job raising these guys.

Then again, I have also seen several drunks using firearms. Even saw one purposefully point a loaded shotgun at a guy at a skeet range because the other guy made joke about the drunk.

Had a girlfriend pull a loaded gun out of her night stand once and point it at my face by accident.

Maybe they need to teach firearm handling in driver education class. Then again, with the HQL and the required training, everybody should know how to handle a handgun, assuming that it was a handgun used in this incident.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OP - was this really a murder? What are the facts that support a charge of "murder" versus a charge of "manslaughter"? Nothing I have seen so far shows that the alleged shooter actually intended to kill the victim.

How does a 20 year old have a handgun? Of course, I am assuming that it was a handgun involved in this incident and not a long gun, but maybe I am wrong there.

Guess we will eventually know what happened once the guy is apprehended, charged, and tried.

Not surprised that you would be the contrarian.

If it wasn't a murder why did he run? Even if he was high and made the wrong choice at the moment it's been over 24 hours and still on the lam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom