• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Leaked a bit early prior to shot show..
    With Tikkas great track record this should be another great precision rimfire rifle to compete right along side various Ruger, CZ, Savage models

MSRP $499

Attachments

• 53908E5E-75DC-486B-A036-BF755F2F36E7.jpg
      53908E5E-75DC-486B-A036-BF755F2F36E7.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 4,097
    • D29AC511-43B6-49EC-9574-867992FA03F6.jpeg
      D29AC511-43B6-49EC-9574-867992FA03F6.jpeg
      26.3 KB · Views: 1,204

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Whittaker Guns is doing a pre-order for these. They expect to ship the end of April/early May. You can use their layaway feature as well for 90 days with 15% down. Details here.
    Tikka Pre Order

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Apparently, it has the same footprint as the centerfire versions. That makes the aftermarket support awesome.
    If that's the case the action should be big and rigid. I could give up my 455 if this thing is that nice. I cant stand that little bolt knob.......

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I have a Tikka T3x in 223. Why get a magnum rimfire? About the same price per round as 223, and whatever a magnum rimfire can do, 223 can do better :)

Lots of reasons.. first .223 averages around .32 cents a round. .17HMR is half that.
    Suppressing it can also be done much cheaper and is overal quieter
    Recoil on a .17hmr doesn’t exist not that .223 is some type of 50cal but worth mentioning for younger and new shooters
    .223 is too big for squirrels and other small game where the 17 is ideal
    17hmr is better overall for smaller chunks of property, if you are shooting targets or hunting surely the 17hmr would be best suited for those scenarios
    May also be other benefits life barrel life but I have no idea comparing the two personally

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Lots of reasons.. first .223 averages around .32 cents a round. .17HMR is half that.
    Suppressing it can also be done much cheaper and is overal quieter
    Recoil on a .17hmr doesn’t exist not that .223 is some type of 50cal but worth mentioning for younger and new shooters
    .223 is too big for squirrels and other small game where the 17 is ideal
    17hmr is better overall for smaller chunks of property, if you are shooting targets or hunting surely the 17hmr would be best suited for those scenarios
    May also be other benefits life barrel life but I have no idea comparing the two personally

Good points - and I was being a bit of troll anyways! Although I will say, that the rimfire mag ammo that I see out there is just about the same price as average 223. But your other points are excellent. And nothing beats plain old 22LR for it's value.

And if the rimfire Tikka is anything like the one I got - I say go buy it.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Rob R hit most of the points that I love 17HMR for. The noise of .223 is big con too. I drill groundhogs with my 93r. It's limit is range, with works for me. My FIL has a small farm that my longest shot is @130-140 yards. I have a ar15 that I'm gonna start using on a big farm I can do critter control on.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I just got the call yesterday that my almost 1 year old pre-order is shipping today. I can't wait to get this thing to the range.

zhanglp

Jul 5, 2017
    I ordered a suppressor and T1x in March. Now I have my can in hand, and my T1x....in Finland I guess.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I just got the call yesterday that my almost 1 year old pre-order is shipping today. I can't wait to get this thing to the range.
    when did you order? My order was Feb 25th.
    Whittaker's or Brownells? I ended up cancelling my Whittaker's pre order for the 22LR T1x this past summer. Mine was placed possibly in March.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom