• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Hey all. While I'm awaiting my ccw in Maryland... I have considered looking into other CCWs that aren't hard to get and will cover me if I'm traveling. Obviously I know PA I will have to go there and apply, but it seems like the Arizona permit is the best bang for your buck. Any help with this would be great!

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    I've asked the same question but nobody has answered. Utah or VA nonresident - - - which is better?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Iirc you would be covered in Delaware (if you’re not a de resident) not sure about other states)

I even have the AZ paperwork on the counter, and have had it, for over a year now. I need to get off my butt!

Hey all. While I'm awaiting my ccw in Maryland... I have considered looking into other CCWs that aren't hard to get and will cover me if I'm traveling. Obviously I know PA I will have to go there and apply, but it seems like the Arizona permit is the best bang for your buck. Any help with this would be great!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    New Hampshire easy, cheap, just mail info and $.
    Utah will add Delaware need class.
    Fl couple more dollars adds Florida.

Check for reciprocity on USAcarry.com. Double check most things people tell you.

Good luck with MD.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Arizona is one of the best permits. Check Handgunlaw.us for information and links to official Arizona sources.

Handgunlaw.us is a more reliable site than is UScarry.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

You won't be getting a PA non-resident permit unless you have one in your home state.

I paid serious money for a NH permit, because it was the only non-resident permit accepted for reciprocity in PA. Then the week it came in the mail, their AG pulled the plug. Utah is far more useful than NH, or VA for that matter, but with the VA non-res permit you can escape the issue of carrying in a school zone.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    One other thing that should also be considered is data privacy. In some states the government makes CC permit/license holder information publicly available. I believe VA is one such state. If you're not keen on having information about your cc status in the public domain, you should check the local regs to see what the issuing state does in this regard.

Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    I just went over to quick prints on 43 in white marsh. They told me they no longer do prints for Florida. She said that no one in MD can actually do them. I said that's weird I never heard of that. She said that they had a customer recently who's app got denied due to their fingerprints being done there. Not sure if this is true or not. If this is the case, where do I get my prints done?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What do the FL instructions say? I wouldn't put a lot of faith in what "she said that he said". Follow the directions to the letter and see what happens.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    I just went over to quick prints on 43 in white marsh. They told me they no longer do prints for Florida. She said that no one in MD can actually do them. I said that's weird I never heard of that. She said that they had a customer recently who's app got denied due to their fingerprints being done there. Not sure if this is true or not. If this is the case, where do I get my prints done?

I had mine done here, UMBC Campus Police

https://www.google.com/search?q=umb...j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I know other places do them too.
    Laurel Police Dept has been mentioned in the past.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

In order to get a PA non resident permit, you must have your MD permit in hand, and submit a copy of it with the application. PA can be submitted via mail to a county Sheriff office, York County is pretty quick. You have to pick up the permit in person when it’s ready.

Check with freestate in White Marsh. They do Florida ccw classes along with prints.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    NH is the absolute quickest .

When Mrs Biggfoot & Biggfootette were going to take a trip to Alabama , I sent all three of ours by Priority Mail . One week later, I recieved my Permit , theirs were returned for lacking the zip code on the home address . After adding zip code and returning , theirs were just under two weeks .

If a friend or family member isn't already a Permit Collector , but has upcoming out of state travel plans at relatively short notice, NH will get them hooked up quickly

NH doesn't has as much coverage out west , but pretty much everywhere east of Mississippi river as the other popular Non Res permits .

Historical Trivia - NH was my first Non Res , back in the '80s . Let it drop, and subsequently reaquired a cpl times in interviening years , currently serving as my redundant backup permit to a Utah.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'd have to look it up, but recognized in twenty some States , primarily in eastern US .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom