• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Soo.... what happens when a majority of the camera tickets go to <xyz> because the majority of people living in that area are <xyz>?

What sort of twisted logic follows from that?
    That's when you pull "systemic" racism out and say that they speed or run lights because rules of the road are "white privilege" and "fascist".

The good thing about being liberal is you don't have to make sense, you just need to hit a certain amount of buzz words per ridiculous statement.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just so I understand this correctly: we're gonna double down on cameras - which give out highly regressive fines - so that the county doesn't actually need to confront possible issues of systemic bias in the police force?

Absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just so I understand this correctly: we're gonna double down on cameras - which give it out highly regressive fines - so that the county doesn't actually need to confront possible issues of systemic bias in the police force?

Absolutely amazing.
    No, because the idea of systemic bias is absolutely ludicrous, but the libs base decisions on emotion and feelings, we're taking away traffic enforcement from police.

The good news is that your can steal tags or not even have a license plate and just refuse to stop for the civilian traffic monitors now. That way, the cameras don't catch you...

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    There is some rumor that the County Council wants to allow citizens to enforce traffic laws? Be able to issue citations? Imagine all the Karens patrolling the roads!

CouncilRetweetNBC4.png

There is some kind of online meeting tonight about it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-g...B0TQ/viewform?ts=5f2d8927&edit_requested=true

Anytime I see a ricer with a fart can on it I'll report it as being obnoxious, negilently driving and offensive to the world at large.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Yeah because this won’t end up with more people beaten or killed. Great idea. F’ing loons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Or wait till a Karen pulls you over and claims that you pointed a gun at her. Easiest way to get your guns from you eva! They can make the claim and not be held accountable if they lie. It's every Demoncrats wet dream.

True but that means you voluntarily pulled over for Karen in the first place. I’ll take “Things I’ll never do” for $1,000 please Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    That's when you pull "systemic" racism out and say that they speed or run lights because rules of the road are "white privilege" and "fascist".

The good thing about being liberal is you don't have to make sense, you just need to hit a certain amount of buzz words per ridiculous statement.

Oi... off the the re-education camp for me - I'm not liberal minded enough.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yes, but Jawando's assertion is that cameras aren't biased. Cops however are racist devils.

Cameras aren't biased right up until some of the wrong people get tickets. Then you'll see stats pulled out of asses about how many people of what color got tickets.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Remember folks, the ratio is 1:3 Aluminum to Ferric Oxide by mass.

It's easy to remember what you need, Amazon suggests the ingredients.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.29.18 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 6.29.18 PM.jpg
      33.7 KB · Views: 319

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Cameras aren't biased right up until some of the wrong people get tickets. Then you'll see stats pulled out of asses about how many people of what color got tickets.

This paper aims to explain whether police issue speeding tickets differently to
    individuals based on their race or gender. I find that in the city of Lafayette, Louisiana,
    the probability of a ticketed driver being a woman is significantly higher if the ticket
    was issued by a police officer versus an automated source. The results are mixed
    when considering race of a driver, suggesting non-systematic consideration of race
    in issuing speeding tickets, though some evidence still exists that race is not completely
    ignored. Conversely, the results imply that gender plays an important role when
    police decide whether to ticket a speeding driver. Even when controlling for additional
    factors like type of road where the ticket is issued, the results remain the same.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1016/S1514-0326(17)30001-6

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I will tell you this, draw your own conclusions. If the officer feels the stop is likely to end in a complaint there is a 100% chance a citation will be issued as justification for the stop.

If the officer believes the stop isn’t likely to result in a complaint the officer is more willing to issue a warning either written or verbal.

The day of the verbal warning should of died fir any cop with job preservation in their mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom