• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Things were just fine at OLGCHS on day one. My daughter reported a few small technical hiccups in the morning and then smooth sailing the rest of the day. Getting my daughters out of the Montgomery County public school system was one of our best parenting decisions.

What year is your daughter at GC?

They've really been working hard all summer long to make things happen as smooth as possible. IT has been upgrading infrastructure non-stop. Health, Facilities, and Dining Services have made sure that there are bullet-proof plans (or at least as bullet-proof as possible) and equipment to keep everyone safe while providing for the ability to return to some normalcy as soon as possible. I know that nothing in this world will make Mr. Campbell and Dr. Barker happier than getting kids back in classrooms and giving them quality instruction as soon as they're able to do so.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo back to school orientation is off to a roaring start

Attachments

• F722BBDE-9689-4B0D-8B94-39BB341528F1.jpg
      F722BBDE-9689-4B0D-8B94-39BB341528F1.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 286
    • 931A7E71-7D9A-4531-BB3C-8D309CC5240D.jpeg
      931A7E71-7D9A-4531-BB3C-8D309CC5240D.jpeg
      48.7 KB · Views: 288

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's amazing that during weight training class, many of the boys cameras stop working :lol2:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    It's amazing that during weight training class, many of the boys cameras stop working :lol2:

Our son is at a daycare facility across the county line in Ijamsville and we were talking with the woman who runs it yesterday. She said that one of the boys who mows the grass there is in high school down here in MoCo. He told her that so much of their day is pointless that he just turns off the camera and mutes himself and hits the weight bench. So far, he's making straight-As.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Our son is at a daycare facility across the county line in Ijamsville and we were talking with the woman who runs it yesterday. She said that one of the boys who mows the grass there is in high school down here in MoCo. He told her that so much of their day is pointless that he just turns off the camera and mutes himself and hits the weight bench. So far, he's making straight-As.

We live on sort of the main drag in our neighborhood. The number of kids rocking their skateboards and bikes back and forth during the school day is pretty astonishing. Most of the high school kids are, I imagine, totally unsupervised during the day.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My kids go to two different Public High Schools. Each this week has received notice it's time to order Year Books..
    Sure, those will be filled with school photos.. My kids never had a school photo this year.
    It makes me think though, how much we forget , the multitude of ventures and businesses hurt by the Covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom