• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    This thread is racist. ;)

Gave 2 piebalds a pass at the undisclosed location about 10 years ago. Haven't seen one since. Never see them in my area here. There was a ver dark (almost black) buck in a neighbor's field a few years ago. Thought that was cool. Would probably let that one walk too. Now if he makes it past 160 though, all bets are off! :D

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I’ve posted this here before, but a few years ago, my nephew shot this. He was 10 years old at the time, And this was his 1st deer. Bad luck as not fallen upon him, as he’s had successful hunts afterwards.

Attachments

• DFA7980C-568A-420F-B793-16ED1BB45FA8.jpeg
      DFA7980C-568A-420F-B793-16ED1BB45FA8.jpeg
      139 KB · Views: 248

timbo76

Oct 13, 2018
    Perry Hall
    First deer I ever shot was a piebald doe, about 11 years ago when I first started hunting. Went the next 4 years without getting a dear.......bad mojo? maybe, but I've taken multiple deer the last 5 years, and in that time I've become a much better hunter, so I think that's why I didn't have success at the beginning.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    This thread is racist. ;)

Gave 2 piebalds a pass at the undisclosed location about 10 years ago. Haven't seen one since. Never see them in my area here. There was a ver dark (almost black) buck in a neighbor's field a few years ago. Thought that was cool. Would probably let that one walk too. Now if he makes it past 160 though, all bets are off! :D

I read a really good article about the different shades of deer by James Heffelfinger called "50 shades of brown". Reallllly good stuff. In it he explains how dark dark brown or black fur deer produce to much melanin pigment. They are called Melanistic dear or the the cause is called Melanism.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Nope and in some cases DNR has a line on them by location not to shoot. We had one here for years named Snowflake all the hunters knew, dont shoot, some @$$hole shot her and hunters rights on land and the public were outraged. It just takes one, so not brown not down as above. Thnx

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't get the mystique. It's not like it's a rainbow tailed unicorn.

ETA *that would be a life size mount*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom