• sundaeman

MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Someone slept at a Holiday Inn Express.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Why not just get a pistol with the adjustable SB tactical brace? Skip the tax stamp and no OAL requirement? What am I missing?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I'd love to see you submit a prototype on a gun to Tech Branch to see if they accept that the extended length would be included in OAL. They often look down on devices like this when they evaluate them for import purposes.

CelticWarrior

Feb 16, 2013
    I'd love to see you submit a prototype on a gun to Tech Branch to see if they accept that the extended length would be included in OAL. They often look down on devices like this when they evaluate them for import purposes.

Would need the 6’8” friend of @parttimer to show how this device actually makes the SBR safer/more comfortable to shoot.

But I agree, the king doesn’t like it when you point out the stupidity of the feel good laws he and his men wish to enforce.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015

That's something I'll definitely look at doing in the future, but I still have a lot of work to do before reaching that point. Thanks for the idea!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It wouldn't take a whole lot for someone with a printer to print up say, a 2" spacer to add to the butt of any given carbine stock, placing it between the existing stock and rubber butt pad.

2-3 inches would be a good start.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

SB_A3_Solo_Tube_Right_5714EDITFLAT-web1.jpg

You mean like this? It's called a brace...and it's adjustable with the exact same dimensions as a Magpul MOE or any other "stock" that uses a standard buffer tube.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It wouldn't take a whole lot for someone with a printer to print up say, a 2" spacer to add to the butt of any given carbine stock, placing it between the existing stock and rubber butt pad.

2-3 inches would be a good start.

Magpul has those, they add .55"/.7", you could stack them or make a spacer but you'd need to find a longer screw. You could add a slip on butt pad since the gov doesn't say anything about removable stock parts. I feel like this idea is creating a problem to a solution that already exists...

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I've been working on designing and prototyping a kit that would convert a Magpul Moe stock (commercial size) into one that in addition to being a collapsible stock, has a collapsible buttpad. In theory, this should extend your OAL significantly. I have attached a couple of pics to help give an example of my design.
    This design will have many uses such as increasing OAL, giving the user a finer level of adjustment, and slightly increasing the friction between the stock and buffer tube which will eliminate that little bit of rattle we all hate. My question for everyone is, if I got this thing finished and ready to go, would there be anyone interested in purchasing one? I look forward to hearing what everyone here has to say!
    :party29: Love me some short 29" SBRs!

I have a pre-2013 SBR for short 5.56 applications, but this is very interesting. I can see some of the .300 Blackout guys being interested, since that round does well out of ~8-9" barrels.

Very clever using the space between the milspec receiver extension and the larger diameter commercial stock body to make it happen.

If you're into these sorts of projects, and figure out how to do /contract out the metalworking, maybe you'll be the hero to crack the code on the elusive MD-legal 29" MP5 SBR:
    Collapsable HK Stock Build
    Does HK MP5A3 Collapsible Stock Meet Minimum 29" OAL Requirement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom