• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I got a handguard from ‘em a while back.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sig sucks to deal with once you fork over the money. Had a guy bring me a sig frame that they REFUSED to repair or replace (aluminum frame, stripped grip screw threads). We had like three hours in the machine shop making a stainless steel insert and then precisely drilling out his frame. He did the actual part install (thermal fit) and was very proud of himself for it. His new grips say "f$#@ sig"

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A lot of companies seem to be having major product support issues.

Say what you will about their stuff not being tier one but both ruger and taurus both have excellent service policies. Ruger replaced a firearm that someone I know destroyed through stupidity at factory cost. They will fix most things they made (except stopping service on the ac556 autos, but they announced that). Never owned a taurus but everyone I have talk d to about their service had decent or good things to say.

I tend to work on my own stuff but I will say that dealing with the service guys at smith and wesson was good. Their custom shop guys were willing to listen and, while they wouldn't do everything I wanted, were straight up about it. I know a couple of very dedicated smith and wesson shooters who actually send their wheelguns in for tune up and parts replacement rather than using a gunsmith.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Hmm rugers…….I like them.
    I love their mark ii pistols. Their sp101s are damn tough though I personally like a smith j frame better. If you have Mike carmony do up an sp101, it's a pretty slick trick. The blackhawk is renowned for it's ability to digest just about any load that doesn't blow the case apart. The gp100 is a tank but I just like a smith better. I own one of the sr556 rigs and that thing can handle shooting that a di gun can't (sustained use on a postie lower). Their old ac556 rifles were durable. The m77mkii action was pretty darn good. They started to get very pricey and thus lost their advantage as compared to others. Their vaquero versions of the blackhawk action are incredibly reliable and seem popular in the cowboy matches I've observed.

No love for their centerfire auto pistols or the American bolt action.

I don't know much about shotguns so I can't comment on the red label relative to it's competitors.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    While I certainly understand not wishing to get tangled in MD politics, nevertheless I deplore - yes, strongly deplore - the limiting actions of those who profit from our patronage, yet are unwilling to act positively for us even when they would be operating within the law.

I call out PSA, who refuse to ship ammunition to Annapolis or MoCo even though it is legal, and the IP gun shop that refuses to sell C&R-eligible pistols to patrons without HQLs, even though the MD GA specifically permitted it.

Friends of the 2A community? Not in my eyes.
    Boyds wont ship any thumbhole rifle stock to MD, if it fits a semi auto.
    I tried to order a laminated thumbhole for my ruger 10-22

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Now yesterday I got an email from Sig saying all shipments will be ID scanned and adult signature. Trying to push the blame to Fed Ex for policy change. Replied and said "not one more dollar will be spent on anything Sig"...

EDIT: Email in next post

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Dear Customer,

As of June 28, 2022, Fed Ex implemented a change in their shipping procedure; ID scanning to be required for adult signatures. Their scanning technology will:

• Capture the recipient’s name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.
    • Confirm the recipient is 21 years or older.

Their software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). See more information about this here.

Due to a change in policy from our freighter, SIG SAUER is implementing a change in our shipping procedure.

As of 1 September 2022, controlled items shipped via Fed Ex will require the following:

• Adult Signature Required
    • Scanning of driver's license in order to verify age upon delivery

If the recipient refuses to show ID as proof of age and signature, SIG SAUER will consider the shipment as refused, which could incur restocking or reshipping fees.

We appreciate your assistance in ensuring we are all in compliance with these new industry shipping protocols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom