• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Don't know why I went back (Worth-A-Shot) but figuring they have UTAH renewal down pat. Just wanted a picture in .jpeg format to renew on line, of course they only supply printouts.

We have no way of giving you a .jpeg file, the camera isn't hooked to anything. BUT via the camera she sends the picture to the network printer. :):) Do they think we are are stupid. Hmmm, I guess I am for going back.

Just email me the picture and save the cost of ink. But again they can't think out of the box.

Dang and double dang, I hate that place!

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    better off with a smartphone and a solid colored wall, then email it to yourself. Do they have specific guidelines on the photos?

Q

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    Don't know why I went back (Worth-A-Shot) but figuring they have UTAH renewal down pat. Just wanted a picture in .jpeg format to renew on line, of course they only supply printouts.

We have no way of giving you a .jpeg file, the camera isn't hooked to anything. BUT via the camera she sends the picture to the network printer. :):) Do they think we are are stupid. Hmmm, I guess I am for going back.

Just email me the picture and save the cost of ink. But again they can't think out of the box.

Geographically speaking, this is my LGS. It is this reason alone that I made numerous attempts to give them second, third, fourth, etc chances. However, I have received nothing of value from them. Their prices are too high to be competetive, they do no know MD law, do not know their own merchandise, and are poor business people.

Cases in point-
    1. They refused to 'meet me in the middle' (that's right, not even price match- I actually was trying to patronize them) on the difference in price of a handgun that was in stock at Bass Pro. I was confounded. I left, went to Bass Pro, and paid the lower price there, enjoying a positive experience.
    2. Donna tried to tell me that it was illegal to sell me a laserlyte laser practice round, saying they could only sell those to LEOs. I went to Bass Pro and purchased one from the floor there.
    3. They attempted to provide me with flat-out incorrect information regarding W&C permits, and MD law.
    4. They forced me to do an 8-day wait on a 308 lower that I specifically transferred as a rifle, saying 'well you might make a pistol out of it.' When I pointed out that I could same-day purchase any of the AR-platform 308s that were C&C on her wall, take it home, and put a pistol upper on that, they said 'well at least we sold it to you as a rifle in that case, that's the difference.' I argued that the designation on the form was the only thing that mattered but that point was lost on her.
    5. They have never had anything in stock that I have ever needed.

Overall, this place is not 'worth' patronizing. I don't know why it took me 8 or 9 visits to figure it out.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

You could have taken the pic yourself..

I've download a passport app.. found light wall in my house.. smile..click.. sent away..

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    better off with a smartphone and a solid colored wall, then email it to yourself. Do they have specific guidelines on the photos?

Q
    Nope.. just having light background... Full face photo 2"x2"...

If you do it online.. they crop the pic on their upload page.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I took a picture with my kindle, outside, my house has light green siding. Cropped the picture after I uploaded it to the Utah site. No problem.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Geographically speaking, this is my LGS. It is this reason alone that I made numerous attempts to give them second, third, fourth, etc chances. However, I have received nothing of value from them. Their prices are too high to be competetive, they do no know MD law, do not know their own merchandise, and are poor business people.

Cases in point-
    1. They refused to 'meet me in the middle' (that's right, not even price match- I actually was trying to patronize them) on the difference in price of a handgun that was in stock at Bass Pro. I was confounded. I left, went to Bass Pro, and paid the lower price there, enjoying a positive experience.
    2. Donna tried to tell me that it was illegal to sell me a laserlyte laser practice round, saying they could only sell those to LEOs. I went to Bass Pro and purchased one from the floor there.
    3. They attempted to provide me with flat-out incorrect information regarding W&C permits, and MD law.
    4. They forced me to do an 8-day wait on a 308 lower that I specifically transferred as a rifle, saying 'well you might make a pistol out of it.' When I pointed out that I could same-day purchase any of the AR-platform 308s that were C&C on her wall, take it home, and put a pistol upper on that, they said 'well at least we sold it to you as a rifle in that case, that's the difference.' I argued that the designation on the form was the only thing that mattered but that point was lost on her.
    5. They have never had anything in stock that I have ever needed.

Overall, this place is not 'worth' patronizing. I don't know why it took me 8 or 9 visits to figure it out.

Ok Bass pro had a LOWER price and they still let you leave?

1) amazing BP actually had a lower price.
    2) How does a sales oriented business let a customer walk over splitting the diff on a price? Knowing chances are they could make that up with add-ons or by future purchases?

And yes I live close to them a gave them a chance, but my dad and I have since taken our money to Tyler and gave it to Chuck, and was happy to do so then and will again in the future.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Ok Bass pro had a LOWER price and they still let you leave?

1) amazing BP actually had a lower price.
    2) How does a sales oriented business let a customer walk over splitting the diff on a price? Knowing chances are they could make that up with add-ons or by future purchases?

And yes I live close to them a gave them a chance, but my dad and I have since taken our money to Tyler and gave it to Chuck, and was happy to do so then and will again in the future.

in response to:

1) With most stores, this would be a yes. BP isn't usually the best price in town. But this LGS, not so much in my experience. I've never seen a sale or discounted price there. Not saying they don't have them, just that I haven't seen them.

2) Assuming that this business is "sales oriented" might be giving them the undeserved benefit of the doubt. Some LGSs have favorite customers, and I think this one is no exception. Sadly, since I'm not LEO I don't fall into their preferred category (in my personal experiences there).

I have made a few purchases (firearms and NFA) there and purchased some training, but most of the time I felt like an outsider and an inconvenience, rather than an appreciated customer.

For me the final straw was the lag time involved with my last (and final) purchase. They swore that they notified me that my item had arrived, and even wrote the time and day they supposedly called me on the folder, but neither of my phones (with caller ID and voice mail) recorded any such call or message.

There are plenty of great LGSs that stand ready to help, provide good information, offer competitive pricing, and appreciate my (our) business. It is up to each of us to find a good fit for ourselves.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I think you're mistaken about item 8.

A stripped lower is not a rifle. It's not a pistol either. It should be marked as "other" on the 4473. That's Federal law. IMO, it is not a regulated weapon under MD law, but the current opinion of MSP is that it shall be treated as one hence the 8 day wait.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    So, even if I had a shit to give, youre saying its not worth a shit. Isnt this like the 10th thread on them?

Do they know or even care about their perception? Not saying this forum has every gun buyer that there maybe but with few here having a positive comment its hard to believe that the rest of the area population feels different.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Years ago before I even knew 2A existed the wife and I were buying her a gun at On Target. The long haired tool that we were dealing with just completely wore me out, wanted to steer the Missus towards a revolver even though she absolutely knew that she wanted the XDM.

The gal from Not Worth A Shot came in and this tool stopped what he was doing with us and proceeded to fawn all over whatever her name was. It was at this time that I vowed two things: Never buy another firearm from On Target and never darken the doorway of Worth A Shit. So far it's worked out pretty well....;)

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Donna singled my daughter out and treated her like shit during her Utah class for no known reason. We both spend a good bit on firearms and related items, just not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom