Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Old August 28th, 2017, 01:34 PM #1

Worth-A-Poop

Don't know why I went back (Worth-A-Shot) but figuring they have UTAH renewal down pat. Just wanted a picture in .jpeg format to renew on line, of course they only supply printouts.

We have no way of giving you a .jpeg file, the camera isn't hooked to anything. BUT via the camera she sends the picture to the network printer. Do they think we are are stupid. Hmmm, I guess I am for going back.

Just email me the picture and save the cost of ink. But again they can't think out of the box.

Dang and double dang, I hate that place!
platoonDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:51 PM #2

better off with a smartphone and a solid colored wall, then email it to yourself. Do they have specific guidelines on the photos?

Q
Qbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:54 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
Don't know why I went back (Worth-A-Shot) but figuring they have UTAH renewal down pat. Just wanted a picture in .jpeg format to renew on line, of course they only supply printouts.

We have no way of giving you a .jpeg file, the camera isn't hooked to anything. BUT via the camera she sends the picture to the network printer. Do they think we are are stupid. Hmmm, I guess I am for going back.

Just email me the picture and save the cost of ink. But again they can't think out of the box.

Geographically speaking, this is my LGS. It is this reason alone that I made numerous attempts to give them second, third, fourth, etc chances. However, I have received nothing of value from them. Their prices are too high to be competetive, they do no know MD law, do not know their own merchandise, and are poor business people.

Cases in point-
  1. They refused to 'meet me in the middle' (that's right, not even price match- I actually was trying to patronize them) on the difference in price of a handgun that was in stock at Bass Pro. I was confounded. I left, went to Bass Pro, and paid the lower price there, enjoying a positive experience.
  2. Donna tried to tell me that it was illegal to sell me a laserlyte laser practice round, saying they could only sell those to LEOs. I went to Bass Pro and purchased one from the floor there.
  3. They attempted to provide me with flat-out incorrect information regarding W&C permits, and MD law.
  4. They forced me to do an 8-day wait on a 308 lower that I specifically transferred as a rifle, saying 'well you might make a pistol out of it.' When I pointed out that I could same-day purchase any of the AR-platform 308s that were C&C on her wall, take it home, and put a pistol upper on that, they said 'well at least we sold it to you as a rifle in that case, that's the difference.' I argued that the designation on the form was the only thing that mattered but that point was lost on her.
  5. They have never had anything in stock that I have ever needed.

Overall, this place is not 'worth' patronizing. I don't know why it took me 8 or 9 visits to figure it out.
doublins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:57 PM #4
In the hollow

In the hollow

I work one minute from the place and live 5 minutes from the place and I have only been in once.
Old August 28th, 2017, 01:59 PM #5
Deplorable Member

Deplorable Member

I live less than 5 min away and have never been and don't plan to go... I'd rather travel 15 miles to 2A...
GoGoGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:12 PM #6
Peanut Gallery

Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post

You could have taken the pic yourself..

I've download a passport app.. found light wall in my house.. smile..click.. sent away..
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:15 PM #7
Peanut Gallery

Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbeam View Post
better off with a smartphone and a solid colored wall, then email it to yourself. Do they have specific guidelines on the photos?

Q
Nope.. just having light background... Full face photo 2"x2"...

If you do it online.. they crop the pic on their upload page.
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:17 PM #8

I took a picture with my kindle, outside, my house has light green siding. Cropped the picture after I uploaded it to the Utah site. No problem.
Brychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 02:33 PM #9
Cocker Dad/RIP Bella

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublins View Post
Geographically speaking, this is my LGS. It is this reason alone that I made numerous attempts to give them second, third, fourth, etc chances. However, I have received nothing of value from them. Their prices are too high to be competetive, they do no know MD law, do not know their own merchandise, and are poor business people.

Cases in point-
  1. They refused to 'meet me in the middle' (that's right, not even price match- I actually was trying to patronize them) on the difference in price of a handgun that was in stock at Bass Pro. I was confounded. I left, went to Bass Pro, and paid the lower price there, enjoying a positive experience.
  2. Donna tried to tell me that it was illegal to sell me a laserlyte laser practice round, saying they could only sell those to LEOs. I went to Bass Pro and purchased one from the floor there.
  3. They attempted to provide me with flat-out incorrect information regarding W&C permits, and MD law.
  4. They forced me to do an 8-day wait on a 308 lower that I specifically transferred as a rifle, saying 'well you might make a pistol out of it.' When I pointed out that I could same-day purchase any of the AR-platform 308s that were C&C on her wall, take it home, and put a pistol upper on that, they said 'well at least we sold it to you as a rifle in that case, that's the difference.' I argued that the designation on the form was the only thing that mattered but that point was lost on her.
  5. They have never had anything in stock that I have ever needed.

Overall, this place is not 'worth' patronizing. I don't know why it took me 8 or 9 visits to figure it out.
Ok Bass pro had a LOWER price and they still let you leave?

1) amazing BP actually had a lower price.
2) How does a sales oriented business let a customer walk over splitting the diff on a price? Knowing chances are they could make that up with add-ons or by future purchases?

And yes I live close to them a gave them a chance, but my dad and I have since taken our money to Tyler and gave it to Chuck, and was happy to do so then and will again in the future.
CrueChief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 03:41 PM #10
This IS my Happy Face

This IS my Happy Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueChief View Post
Ok Bass pro had a LOWER price and they still let you leave?

1) amazing BP actually had a lower price.
2) How does a sales oriented business let a customer walk over splitting the diff on a price? Knowing chances are they could make that up with add-ons or by future purchases?

And yes I live close to them a gave them a chance, but my dad and I have since taken our money to Tyler and gave it to Chuck, and was happy to do so then and will again in the future.
in response to:

1) With most stores, this would be a yes. BP isn't usually the best price in town. But this LGS, not so much in my experience. I've never seen a sale or discounted price there. Not saying they don't have them, just that I haven't seen them.

2) Assuming that this business is "sales oriented" might be giving them the undeserved benefit of the doubt. Some LGSs have favorite customers, and I think this one is no exception. Sadly, since I'm not LEO I don't fall into their preferred category (in my personal experiences there).

I have made a few purchases (firearms and NFA) there and purchased some training, but most of the time I felt like an outsider and an inconvenience, rather than an appreciated customer.

For me the final straw was the lag time involved with my last (and final) purchase. They swore that they notified me that my item had arrived, and even wrote the time and day they supposedly called me on the folder, but neither of my phones (with caller ID and voice mail) recorded any such call or message.

There are plenty of great LGSs that stand ready to help, provide good information, offer competitive pricing, and appreciate my (our) business. It is up to each of us to find a good fit for ourselves.

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland