• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The AP article about Baltimore's excellence in murderous violence listed five reasons why this is happening, none of which were things like broken homes, absent fathers, out of wedlock children, absence of faith, violence in media, social media and all the other reasons we all know that cause this phenomenon.

AP = a crappy source for "news". And yet the media elite refuse to learn why most people simply don't trust them.

AP is just a re-distribution conduit. Everything that shows up under their banner was written by some local paper.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Ed Norris has a fantastic idea. Prosecute the shooters federally and send them away for a mandatory 5-15 years with no chance of early release.

That's not a new idea. It was called 'operation exile' and done successfully in Richmond, VA. When it got too successful, the 'community' had it torpedoed by bringing it back into the hands of state prosecutors under the 'Virginia Exile' label.

It turns out you CAN 'arrest your way out of a problem'.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Ed Norris has a fantastic idea. Prosecute the shooters federally and send them away for a mandatory 5-15 years with no chance of early release.

I'm against this idea. It gives the state level people a way to pander to the stupids while getting bailed out by the feds. I want the locals to experience the results of their stupidity until they change the way they vote. Only then do they deserve assistance.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Warm weather this weekend. Place yer bets!:rolleyes::innocent0

*****7 people shot, 4 dead, 3 of the dead shot in the head, one shot in the torso. The other 3 shot being bystanders or they just happened to be in the area not doing anything more than being unregistered pharmacists trying to make a living to feed their families and pay their property taxes, due at the end of the month.

None of the involved will have HQL's, and all but one will not be wearing a belt due to it being past Memorial Day. All will be wearing boxers, visible to bystanders, except the guy with the belt, who will be wearing boxers, and a belt, using his trousers as essentially an IWB holster, appendix carry.

You read it here first!!! :)

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    That's not a new idea. It was called 'operation exile' and done successfully in Richmond, VA. When it got too successful, the 'community' had it torpedoed by bringing it back into the hands of state prosecutors under the 'Virginia Exile' label.

It turns out you CAN 'arrest your way out of a problem'.

Yep, I remember that.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I'm against this idea. It gives the state level people a way to pander to the stupids while getting bailed out by the feds. I want the locals to experience the results of their stupidity until they change the way they vote. Only then do they deserve assistance.

The problem with this idea is the fact that he locals do not get to experience the results of their stupidity. I live in WASHCO and we have 3 prisons here. We intake about 25 percent of all prisoners from the state. Baltimore and Montgomery County included. Guess what... those prisoners do not go back to where they originated. They get released right here in my county. They live in my county and drag their families and acquaintances with them. The worst of the city gets siphoned and deposited right here in my backyard.

This place has really gone downhill over the past 10 years. Our local council tried to solve "our" problem with the inmate issue by talking to MOCO and BALTIMORE in regards to taking their prisoners back after release. It was a no-go in the name of discrimination. O'Malley apparently had a deal with those areas in regards to releasing the prisoners back to their original counties/cities after serving their time. When he left his station, our crime started to pick up. Stiff penalties for violent crime, no matter what the age. If you are stupid enough to take a life or at least attempt to take a life outside of self-defense then you need to do your time... and then go back to where you came from. Criminals are not welcome here.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't even need to go Federal .

Possession by Prohibited Person , or during drug transactions is punishable by 3 years under State Law .

Reported information from BPD has 90% plus of persons arrested in connection with illegal guns prime face being Prohibited , yet zero are actually tried for it .

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Fixing the problem will be as painful as what is happening now , it always gets worse before it gets better . Better will never happen until they elect a different type of politician , and we know that will not happen . So the good people will continue to suffer , by their votes .

Becareful,,, that kind of racist statement got Mary Bubala fired. :sarcasm:

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    https://www.bet.com/news/national/2019/12/24/destiny-harrison-baltimore-store-owner.amp.html

2A rights = civil rights.

Destiny Harrison, RIP, had her right to self defense stolen from her. She was never given a choice to defend herself after becoming a victim to assault and robbery. There is no way she could have legally armed herself in the twelve days preceding her murder.

It is obvious that the peaceful and law abiding people of Baltimore are defenseless, and yet the governments of the city and state refuse to allow people to defend themselves. They continue to take the natural born rights from the people they are supposed to serve.

No arrests from this horrific tragedy have yet been made, as far as I know. This woman was thrice victimized: Twice by criminals, and once by her own government. It is insulting that it's likely no one will be brought to justice for these crimes, including those in government who violate the Constitution to serve their own interests.

RIP, Destiny. You should have been given a choice to be able to legally defend yourself. I am sorry you were not. Your city and state failed you.

2A rights = civil rights

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The problem with this idea is the fact that he locals do not get to experience the results of their stupidity. I live in WASHCO and we have 3 prisons here. We intake about 25 percent of all prisoners from the state. Baltimore and Montgomery County included. Guess what... those prisoners do not go back to where they originated. They get released right here in my county. They live in my county and drag their families and acquaintances with them. The worst of the city gets siphoned and deposited right here in my backyard.

This place has really gone downhill over the past 10 years. Our local council tried to solve "our" problem with the inmate issue by talking to MOCO and BALTIMORE in regards to taking their prisoners back after release. It was a no-go in the name of discrimination. O'Malley apparently had a deal with those areas in regards to releasing the prisoners back to their original counties/cities after serving their time. When he left his station, our crime started to pick up. Stiff penalties for violent crime, no matter what the age. If you are stupid enough to take a life or at least attempt to take a life outside of self-defense then you need to do your time... and then go back to where you came from. Criminals are not welcome here.

A volunteer group or charity should hand out bus tickets at the sallyport. Named something like Washington County Victim's Assistance Fund or whoever, with the county funding the group/charity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom