• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I have been a lot worse with cleaning the last few years. My Army time ingrained cleaning after every range session, but (alas) shooting multiple firearms at a time and having children make that quite impossible. That is why I had multiple range sessions with the LCPII with no issues - until I cleaned it. When I can carry, I carry a Springfield XDS 9mm, but due to summer clothing wanted a smaller, lighter option. As far as the LCP dropping magazines, I believe the issues have been with the LCPII, not the previous models... but I might be wrong on that. Still, I was and still am quite impresses with the accuracy of the little pistol.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree! Summer prompted me into trying to carry my wife's LCP I. They went on sale for $180 each so I bought two more, just because of the price. I hope the mag issue gets resolved for you. On the SIGs 938s, when they first came out, folks kept breaking them because the cleaning instructions weren't clear about depressing the ejector when putting the slide back on. Maybe the LCP II has similar cleaning instruction issues?

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    It's not a disassembly issue as (I think) it is the spring that is attached to the mag release - located in the lower. When I called Ruger, the very nice lady said that the spring must be weak and they will replace it. Not sure what happened the second time. I just need to stop procrastinating and send it to them again.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    It's not a disassembly issue as (I think) it is the spring that is attached to the mag release - located in the lower. When I called Ruger, the very nice lady said that the spring must be weak and they will replace it. Not sure what happened the second time. I just need to stop procrastinating and send it to them again.
    It's sounding more like a manufacturing defect. You sound like you know what you're doing, I was just sharing that SIG had problems initially too when they first released a new model and got them out into the field. There are even two version of the LCP I (the difference can be noted by the serial numbers).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    My LCP II had the mag drop issue. Ruger replaced the mag release, spring and trigger pin (yeah, I know, trigger pin?). The new mag release is metal where the first one was polymer. When I first got it, it dropped the mag on every shot. After the repair, I fired 56 rounds without an issue, so maybe it's fixed. I'll shoot it some more before I trust it, of course.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Took my wee little pocket pistol to Isaak Walton range & Ben Kelke's DC permit course yesterday & today. Cypherpunk, Woodstock, & a few other good instructors helped out too. Qualified with it, so I guess I didn't do too bad. It seems to be getting better as far as accuracy, or could it be me? Yeah, prolly me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom