• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    $169.00

Only had C&R a few months now. I don't know anything about these.

Anybody have one or know much about them? pros and cons?

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    thats an m24/47 its an m24 which was then reworked by the yugos in the late 40's.

ya they dont have all that much collectors value, but they're excellent shooters and $169 is a great price.

any decent mauser rifle for $169 is a good buy.

it makes a great 1st C&R purchase to get your feet wet, you want to start out on some of the cheaper guns avaiklable as C&R, and eventually you'll start to get a better idea of which direction you wanna go with your collection, maybe even settle on a specialization.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    whoa that's a lot cheaper than AIM had them before they ran out. I think AIM had ~ $220 on them. I really wanted one and just never pulled the trigger. Man I wish I wasn't broke like this this week :p

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    what's the easiest way to make an account with Wideners and get them my C&R?

Do they allow scanned copies to be emailed or uploaded like AIM and SOG do?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    what's the easiest way to make an account with Wideners and get them my C&R?

Do they allow scanned copies to be emailed or uploaded like AIM and SOG do?

I lust sent the scanned pdf to the wideners email address after I set up an account. I asked them to verify receipt of c&r and they did within 24 hrs.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    whoa that's a lot cheaper than AIM had them before they ran out. I think AIM had ~ $220 on them. I really wanted one and just never pulled the trigger. Man I wish I wasn't broke like this this week :p

you might be thinking of the VZ-24's aim had, those tend to cost more, i dont think they've had 24/47's for a while, even so, its a great price.

olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    you might be thinking of the VZ-24's aim had, those tend to cost more, i dont think they've had 24/47's for a while, even so, its a great price.

What Chauncey said. Czech mausers are rarer and a little more collectible. The yugos are nice in their own right and are very good shooters. I have both and no complaints. The Czech is comparible with the German K98.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    thats an m24/47 its an m24 which was then reworked by the yugos in the late 40's.

ya they dont have all that much collectors value, but they're excellent shooters and $169 is a great price.

any decent mauser rifle for $169 is a good buy.

it makes a great 1st C&R purchase to get your feet wet, you want to start out on some of the cheaper guns avaiklable as C&R, and eventually you'll start to get a better idea of which direction you wanna go with your collection, maybe even settle on a specialization.

except a Turk:)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD

Last time Aim had 24/47 was oct/nov 2008 and they were 129.99 The VZ-24s that Aim has are cycled in and out of website inventory. They are refinished captures, I've always been tempted but have yet to make a purchase.

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    I got mine at a Timonium show in 08, its been a great shooter. The straight bolt limits its appeal to the Bubba crowd, these should be around for a while.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    except a Turk:)

even a turk is a good buy at that price imo.

im not talking about collectors value, just pure value as a shooter and decent affordable rifle.

$170 for a long barreled mauser is not bad at all.

granted they were a lot better 5 years ago when they were buy 5 for $300 at SOG, i still kick myself for only getting one back then, but it wasnt really what i was concentrating on at the time.

Last time Aim had 24/47 was oct/nov 2008 and they were 129.99 The VZ-24s that Aim has are cycled in and out of website inventory. They are refinished captures, I've always been tempted but have yet to make a purchase.

ive gotten an m48, 24/47 and about and a few months ago i got a vz-24 all from AIM and they've all been great.

the VZ-24 i got is extremely nice, was very happy with what they sent me.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    If you get one of these, don't but the ammo from Wideners. Get the 8mm from AimSurplus. They have 15-rnd packs for $3.95. Not sure on the primers, but i think they're non-corrosive if made in the 70s or newer. Others here with more experience on East Europe ammo would know for sure.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    aims ammo is corrosive.

its a great deal however because they are offering free shipping on it.

the yugo at wideners is a better deal if you buy a full case, but if you're not looking to spend that much aim's deal is good, and the romanian stuff is good ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom