• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martman

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2017
    Does anyone happen to know what clubs can do the walk through so I can get a badge?

Also what happened to their sub form? Did they throw a fit or something? Ive been away for awhile...

Thanks

k3usr

Nov 16, 2007
    on the agc webpage it still says AGC is conducting walk thru for $10 on the 1st and 3rd Sunday - also says "For a limited time, Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) is offering range orientations to club members from other clubs."

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Does anyone happen to know what clubs can do the walk through so I can get a badge?

Also what happened to their sub form? Did they throw a fit or something? Ive been away for awhile...

Thanks

Every club SHOULD have someone to do the walkthrough for their members. Also, as already mentioned, the AGC also does them.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    Contact the club you have joined. They should do a walk through. I'm doing the range orientation for my club next Tuesday, but I pretty much have a full house.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    on the agc webpage it still says AGC is conducting walk thru for $10 on the 1st and 3rd Sunday - also says "For a limited time, Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) is offering range orientations to club members from other clubs."

Now they’re charging for a walkthrough? Why am I not surprised....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

If you join MSI, I am teaching a walk through this Saturday morning at 9:00am.
    Click on the "About Us" section for AGC badge info and sign up.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When The AGC themselves are doing walk throughs, it is done by a paid RSO, thus the fee.
    To the best of my knowledge, all the clubs have volunteers doing walk throughs and it is included in the club membership.

Got it, that makes a little more sense

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    As others have said, most clubs do the walk-throughs with volunteers from the club. For Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club and Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association it is the club instructor or me. These walk-throughs are part of the club fees. If you attend the ones offered by the AGC, a fee is charged.

Contact the club you joined to see when the next club walk-through is being offered.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I did an orientation with the Baltimore Rifle Club on Saturday and got my AGC range badge the same day. Easy process, can't wait to head out there this weekend!

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If you are already a member of an AGC and you elect to join another club, do you have to participate in another range orientation walk-through???

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Now they’re charging for a walkthrough? Why am I not surprised....

It is the responsibility of the each club to provide their members with an orientation. To no ones surprise, there are several clubs that are shall we say, "not engaged" at the AGC.

So, the AGC decided to help solve this problem by offering range walk throughs. They charge a nominal $10 fee for two reasons. 1. Because the AGC is paying an employee/RSO to conduct the orientation. 2. If they didnt charge a fee, then even more clubs would likely become disengaged and stop doing orientations altogether.

So the moral of this story here is, dont join a club that is disengaged or it will cost you $10 more than everyone else 1 time.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Awesome. Do you know when the future dates might be?

I could do this weekend if it really looked like my only option for awhile, but id rather not. Pretty much any other time would be fine though.

I run range orientations on weekdays for MSI if that is convenient. Shoot me a PM if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom