• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How about we ban any politician who is cosmetically similar to a known criminal?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    They don't have the budget to buy an example of everything on the banned list and then try to make the parts fit from the banned items to the new item. So they just go by the picture.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I feel like this was a furtive attempt to incorporate Washington DC or CA rules and expand the scope of the law. I also noted some changes to the list and wonder if some of the language has been backdated.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Interesting that the Colt 6920 SOCOM is listed as Banned on the list, but MD Police clarified in writing that it is in fact Not Banned. I feel like this could cause some confusion if pulled over with a 6920 SOCOM in the trunk.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I feel like this was a furtive attempt to incorporate Washington DC or CA rules and expand the scope of the law. I also noted some changes to the list and wonder if some of the language has been backdated.

There is no "expanding the scope of the law" with this list, since the list carries no force of law. The list is an example of MSP doing something that the legislature has not authorized them to do by statute (unlike the Handgun roster).

Sirex