• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    OK, so I just got a great deal on a brand new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm ($299) on Gunbroker, this will be my first sub-compact semi auto pistol, so what can I expect...?? Would like to hear opinions, observations, suggestions etc. from 9mm Shield owners. Thanks.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Dang, that's a good deal.

What's all the hullabaloo about the safety anyway? Mine has the safety but I always leave it off.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Love mine.100% reliable. Eats anything I feed it and very comfortable to carry(when I can). Made only 1 improvement on it and that was a Dawson fiber optic front sight. Made a huge difference.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I got one a month or so ago...and paid a bit more. I haven't shot it much at all, but I like it. I have fat hands and find very few small pistols comfortable. With the larger magazine, it is comfortable to hold and pleasant to shoot. I was actually surprised how manageable the recoil was for a small gun. For me, the smaller mag changes the feel of it completely. My pinky doesn't know what to do and I feel like my other fingers are constantly fidgeting and struggling to find a grip. Sooo...I bought two more of the bigger mags. The trigger was lighter than I expected for a carry gun, but it doesn't break quite where I anticipated it should.

That's about all I got so far.

Congrats.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Dang, that's a good deal.

What's all the hullabaloo about the safety anyway? Mine has the safety but I always leave it off.

Well, as robust as it is, all the striker fired fan boys say that it can will be knocked into the safe position by some magical, ancillary force and you won't know it. Thus, will die in a deadly situation.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    find the 8 round mags. Really like mine but the 7 rounders don't give me the grip i'm comfortable with. Shoots better than i expected for a small 9. Loved my Mid sized M&P 45 so gave the 9 a chance.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    find the 8 round mags. Really like mine but the 7 rounders don't give me the grip i'm comfortable with. Shoots better than i expected for a small 9. Loved my Mid sized M&P 45 so gave the 9 a chance.

Yep, I already anticipated that, and picked up a pair of the 8 rounders off ebay for $20 ea. and free shipping, so that'll give me 3 counting the one that comes with the gun.

Itsjustdave

Mar 4, 2016
    Hagerstown MD
    Great firearm, the one big problem I've always heard about wasome the trigger, and the mechanic of the trigger. Most people that I talk to tell me thatsomething one of their first mods.....but like I say, to each their own.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Wish i had known you wanted a Shield. I sold mine, with 4 mags to another friend of ours. I got rid of it because I will never be granted a carry permit and the trigger really sucks for a range gun

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    OK, so I just got a great deal on a brand new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm ($299) on Gunbroker, this will be my first sub-compact semi auto pistol, so what can I expect...?? Would like to hear opinions, observations, suggestions etc. from 9mm Shield owners. Thanks.

GREAT price!!!!!!!!

I bought the .40 Shield a couple of years ago, and ever since, the G26, G19, G23 and G30SF have sat in the safe, when I carry.

I have pretty big hands, and the Shield is very comfortable with the 'larger' magazine.

Mine gets carried at the 4:00 o'clock position, in a Galco "Stinger" OWB holster. The pistol tucks in, nice and tight, and practically disappears.

The Shield is very accurate.

Thanks again, to joppaj, for pointing me towards the vendor that had it in stock! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom