• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I purchased the spikes buffer and the tubbs spring. Now with the spikes buffer being longer do I still need the spacer in the back or can I take it out?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I purchased the spikes buffer and the tubbs spring. Now with the spikes buffer being longer do I still need the spacer in the back or can I take it out?

Spacers should not be needed if its a carvine buffer tuve. If you are using a rifle buffer tube, spacers are needed for a spikes 9mm buffer.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I finally got a chance to go test my build after I replaced the spring and buffer and it is still jamming. I changed to a tubb's spring and the spikes 9mm buffer. Didnt change a thing. Its still failing to completely eject the spent shell and trying to load the new one at the same time. I've tried different mags, different ammo, diffetent buffers and springs. Still the same result everytime. I think I just need to take it to someone and have them look it over see where I screwed up. Can anyone recemend a good gun smith who is knowlegable in 9mm ars?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Ok I just had 2 similar issues with 2 ar 9mm builds. both the head of the top of the hammer was rubbing in the weighted bolt carrier in the radius that clears it were rub marks . Im using standard ar15 .223 hammers. Also had 1 loose the rubber piece in the trigger disconnect spring . And it was bouncing around and jamming things up. Take a look at your bolt assy and see if you see any rubbing in that radius . that could be your jam.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Ill be at my place in calvert tomorrow if you want to swing by and I could take a peek at it?

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Ill be at my place in calvert tomorrow if you want to swing by and I could take a peek at it?

Thank you for the offer. It depends on the time. Its my birthday tomarrow so I got to do the family thing plus I got to work tomarrow nite so time will be tight. Can you pm me your number and ill call you if I can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom