• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    I went to the auction to see if Icould spend some money, but luckily I came back with all of my cash. It was interesting to hear them say that a couple of the 22 rifles where only to be sold to FFL holders. Nothing special about them but that's what they where told by the SP. Got prices on what was sold if anyone is interested.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I went to the auction to see if Icould spend some money, but luckily I came back with all of my cash. It was interesting to hear them say that a couple of the 22 rifles where only to be sold to FFL holders. Nothing special about them but that's what they where told by the SP. Got prices on what was sold if anyone is interested.

Interested in #60 and #67. Was going to bid, but I'm guessing they sold? Thanks.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Two day auction. The guns were sold today. Other stuff tomorrow. You can bid on the other stuff online until 1 hour before.

Thanks. Guess my bid I placed tonight just won't hit the card then when online bidding "expires" in 13 hours. Not sure why they just don't end online bidding when the item sells. As a novice to these types of auctions, I find it very confusing.

Anyway, I wanted that M1917 (and just bid on it). Anyone know what it went for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    So what gives? The auctioneer states that lots 1-462 have been sold, but there's still 14hrs left to bid online? I don't understand this process at all. :shrug:

"WE SUGGEST ABSENTEE BIDS BE PLACED BEFORE 10AM, DAY OF AUCTION."
    It was clear the guns were to be auctioned on Saturday.

Not Alex Cooper, but a lot of auctions are run via the Invaluable.com site. During the auction you have to log in to see the live bid and the results afterwards. Items move quickly so if you are really interested in buying, figure out the add ons to your cost, buyers premium, FFL fees, shipping and handling. Auction houses do not ship the cheapest possible way.

Don't worry, there is always another auction. There is one on the 14th that looks more interesting, posted in the Gun Show forum.

Wow I just created a clickable link. edited the "posted in the Gun Show forum" by highlighting those words and hit the link button and copied the thread link to the link dialog box. I was expecting the "posted...." to disappear but instead of the clickable link appeared.

snake-eye

Jan 27, 2015
    MD
    Interested in #60 and #67. Was going to bid, but I'm guessing they sold? Thanks.

Item 60 sold for $125
    Item 67 sold for $600
    I was bidding on 67 and my next bid would have been $650 but with premium and tax that would have been $813. Didn't want to go that high. It was a very nice 1917 in very good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom