• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    At the train tracks on Randolph Rd, Rockville. Really give this shop a visit. If you want a gun they don't stock, they actually look to see if they can get it. I went to to other shops in the county and they didn't appear to want to be bothered ordering a gun. One shop told me the gun was not good, why they didn't stock. After a bit of a chat, they never sold one and I kind of wondered how they knew it was no good. The other shop, "Oh, they are impossible to get.

About one minute after I didn't see the pistol I was looking for at UGS, "We can have it here in two days". Very fair price too.

Saw some full FDE Glocks in stock, lots of nice hardware there for sure. Definately get my next gun there, if the stock market stops puking.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I'll second UGS. I''ve been on the receiving end of some dick behavior from a lot of local shops. Went into UGS looking for a Smith to work on some stuff for me...after reaching out to some of the more well known Smith's on this site and getting no reply. UGS didn't have a Smith but the guy immediately hopped on the phone and started making phone calls. After a few calls, he had a name and number of a guy who is supposed to be one of the best around. He got me this information with nothing from me. Amazing customer service from these guys. They're breaking the "you have to be a dick to operate a gun store in MD" rule. As long as I live in this state, I will go to these guys for all my firearm needs.
    Go check 'em out. You will be happy you did.

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    Nice shop, good guys to deal with. Price matched the 2 firearms I bought from them, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Jul 13, 2014
    The shop does look neat. They are on a more expensive side of the MD price ranges. Not sure about the customer service as I wondered in a store for 15 minutes and no one payed any attention to us. And we were the only people in the store. However, when I caught an employee at the end, he was pretty knowledgeable but I had to really pull the info out of him.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The shop does look neat. They are on a more expensive side of the MD price ranges. Not sure about the customer service as I wondered in a store for 15 minutes and no one payed any attention to us. And we were the only people in the store. However, when I caught an employee at the end, he was pretty knowledgeable but I had to really pull the info out of him.

Two ways to look at that. They let you be and browse. The times I've been there I just asked if I had a question. I noted a person being helped who appeared very new to firearms, and was treated well. I've been to many gun shops where sales people (not the owner, they are smarter typically) do not want to spend any time with a newbie, which I'm sure may be very low closing opportunity. They are looking for a gun fanatic to sell. I understand repeating MD gun laws to new prospects can become pretty frustrating, and sales people are looking for customers up to speed to sell to. As far as prices, they appeared fair and what I see elsewhere. I'm fairly sure they'll do transfers on guns they could sell you, which is not typical in a gun shop. They were willing to transfer a pistol for me that they themselves could get me. In the end I'd have saved ~$50. I'm not going to squabble over $50 when a business is in my state and county, paying the same taxes I do, not to mention the convenience was worth it to me. Their price was under retail as well on a piece you just don't see sitting anywhere.

United Gun Shop

Industry Partner
    Aug 16, 2013
    Rockville, MD

Hi Alex,

If you ever make a visit again please introduce yourself. Myself and Brian are the only guys who work the shop daily. Between the two of us we purposely greet every customer that walks through the door even if we are with someone else. If you were not greeted that is not the norm and I personally will help you if you make it back in. As for pricing, not sure who you are comparing us to? I opened the store to provide ** the best ** prices and service in the area -- period. If you find a better price I will do my best to beat it. I started selling online 7 years ago and with the buying power I have I rarely will lose a sale due to price. Typically, it is just an issue of the firearm not being available.

I do appreciate the feedback and welcome the nice comments by our regular customers. If there is anything else you all would like to see or have us try and do better please reply or pm. Thanks!

Cory

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    Price match what other retailers ? Please explain.., this is interesting

It's been a little while, so I'm not 100% on where I found the price - but I went in with pricing that I found online for both items mentioned where I could get the item and what it was selling for and they matched the prices.

Didn't take more than a minute for the answer. Now I'm sure if you go in with some ridiculous price or some phony ad they might question it and turn you down, but if you are straight forward with them and a legit customer who is going to make a purchase they will take care of you.

quickdraw17

I'd rather be shooting...
    Jun 24, 2013
    Definitely a good place to go. United handled a couple of transfers for me a few months ago and went the extra mile to make sure everything went smoothly. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Almost walked in there today(had too many other things needing attention). The place is right around the corner from my shop. I will be in soon.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    Yes, you.:)

If you're in PG, there are a couple IP's within reasonable driving distance.

All I know of is Maryland small arms And I don't really like MSAR outside of the gun range, I'm really not trying to judge them all based on 2 employees but if your employees can use there slick and semi racist mouth to make me turn away from doing buisness there then that's something the owner will have to deal with I suppose, but other than that there prices are super expensive and again those two employees were almost trying to force me to buy what they wanted me to buy and when I didn't the slick and snobby remarks started. Again it was only those two though.

I've heard of Relco but never been there. So I don't have anything against them.

All I know is my experiences with gun spots that are far out in suburban areas have been better experiences for me, way more friendly employees who wanted to help me get something I was looking for. Vs MSAR experiences where those two people wanted me to get what they wanted me to get and when I didn't they started making little sneaky slick remarks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom