• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstew

Dec 13, 2008
    bump to keep relevant and get new dates.

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    bump to keep relevant and get new dates.
    Good idea!

I added the couple of dates (to the 4th post) that came in after I got my C&R...

I'm sure that I've seen other reports in other posts - but I'm not going to spend too much time hunting for them - hopefully those folks will see this post and add their dates to this thread & I'll update the timetable post for posterity :-)

kstew

Dec 13, 2008
    I still think we should be able to get a sticky on this post to help future members wanting that c&r.

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    I still think we should be able to get a sticky on this post to help future members wanting that c&r.

I don't know if the mods will "sticky" this thread because it's kinda date specific - but if they do, I'll try to keep the timetable up to date...

Mr_Wolf

Aug 24, 2009
    Ridgely
    Had my BATF forms that I ordered on-line in my hand in a week.

Mailed app on 1/4/10, received C&R on 1/28/10. Roughly 3 weeks.

DALTON

Nov 20, 2009
    Princess Anne , MD
    I mailed mine in to Ga. Dec 12th. They charged my account on Jan 5th. I still haven't received my C&R. Called wed. and they said I should be receiving it the first week of March. I don't understand the variance in time. I have been previously cleared as an employee of a certain Sporting Goods retail store for the sale of black powder. I have puchased firearms within the last year with no problems. Woe is me!!!!! I have also sent in for my collectors license. I will update when I receive either one.

grega99

Jan 19, 2010
    Westminster
    My account was debited on 2/8/10 and I was just told my info was entered into their database today. then it goes under review. She told me could be 60 days more! Maybe just a canned answer to keep me from calling every week.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Hey guys, been reading through the thread, i have my c&r in hand ready to mail to atf, has anyone figured out which atf office is the best one to mail my app to ga or wv

Shadow68

May 4, 2009
    AA Co.
    Hey guys, been reading through the thread, i have my c&r in hand ready to mail to atf, has anyone figured out which atf office is the best one to mail my app to ga or wv

Well - I'd say that's up to you...
    I took the gamble and mailed it to WV (thinking that it might speed things up) and it didn't pay. I was told (at that time) that they have to process the payment in GA - so it went there anyhow...

Since then, a couple of people have said that they mailed it to WV and got a quick turnaround...
    But I'd suspect that is a big YMMV - since it's a gov't agency, breaking from the norm is more than likely going to get it delayed (in my opinion)

If you mail it to the address on the form - you're following the protocol that they setup and not taking a chance. Frankly, it seems like they process them in batches and it's completlly dependent on where you land in the cycle (and probably also how busy the examiner is)

So, send it to WV and you might get lucky and get it back really quick or you might set yourself up for added delays.

Send it to the address on the form and you should get in under 90 days (possibly under 60)

Sorry I can't be of more help...

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    sent mine in on the 4 or 5th of april and they charged my card on the 9th of april, lets hope i can get my license in a timely manner.

Finally received my C&R today, 10 months after sending it; I had actually forgot about it. Well at least it's here. Rereading the last sentence in my last post gave me a pretty good laugh. :lol:

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    I used the one on the web site.

Mailed 10 Jan
    Cashed check 18 Jan
    Received C&R 4 Feb

And there was a Federal holiday in there.

Still haven't received my packet, but I have the important part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom