• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Use an IP here in Md., you'll save money in the long run.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama

As long as it's shipped with a MD legal mag, I would use a MD shop. If not, I would have to pay them to ship the mag to my daughter in VA or just forfeit it. Glock 17 mags are pretty cheap, but that's still an extra cost.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    In general, yes 100% agree. For an obscure old rifle where the magazines are very expensive/unobtanium and over the 10 round limit, then I likely would not.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    We have VA and PA IPs on the forum. Because of proximity, if I ever needed a mag that came with the rifle whose capacity exceeded 10 rds, I would look up HogSniper who has an FFL in PA. Lots of forum members make purchases up there (incl rifles that take smaller capacity mags - he has good prices).

As per the current Kel-Tec Sub2k rifles that take Glock 17 or Glock 19 mags, they're all coming with PMags, so no big loss of money if it's pulled before an order from Grabagun, Buds, etc, ships esp if paying $450 or less with shipping. (I've made more than a couple Sub2k purchases in the last year )

If a local FFL is selling a Gen 2 Sub2k that takes G17 mags for $475-500, it's a pretty good deal as there won't be a tacked on transfer charge (you will have $30 or less in MD sale's tax), and they'll sometimes include a 10-rd Glock mag (often $30 in retail stores).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    We have VA and PA IPs on the forum. Because of proximity, if I ever needed a mag that came with the rifle whose capacity exceeded 10 rds, I would look up HogSniper who has an FFL in PA. Lots of forum members make purchases up there (incl rifles that take smaller capacity mags - he has good prices).

As per the current Kel-Tec Sub2k rifles that take Glock 17 or Glock 19 mags, they're all coming with PMags, so no big loss of money if it's pulled before an order from Grabagun, Buds, etc, ships esp if paying $450 or less with shipping. (I've made more than a couple Sub2k purchases in the last year )

If a local FFL is selling a Gen 2 Sub2k that takes G17 mags for $475-500, it's a pretty good deal as there won't be a tacked on transfer charge (you will have $30 or less in MD sale's tax), and they'll sometimes include a 10-rd Glock mag (often $30 in retail stores).

If I was in Fredneck, I would be going there.

KG or Big Dogs are our go to down here.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    Finally heard back from PSA. Their policy s different from Bud's:

​Hello,

Yes, if you order a product with magazines over your state limit, as long as the item itself is legal to own in your state, we will remove the magazines at your request. They will not be replaced with smaller magazines. You will not receive a credit for the removed magazines.

Thank you,

Dylan D.
    Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
    (803) 724-6950

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Finally heard back from PSA. Their policy s different from Bud's:

​Hello,

Yes, if you order a product with magazines over your state limit, as long as the item itself is legal to own in your state, we will remove the magazines at your request. They will not be replaced with smaller magazines. You will not receive a credit for the removed magazines.

Thank you,

Dylan D.
    Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
    (803) 724-6950

PSA and Bud's does not have to worry about ever seeing any of my money...

No magazine value adjustment, makes the deal substantially more expensive for Maryland residents. Therefore... PSA is helping our state to infringe on our rights.

And while visiting Buds Guns in Tennessee, I was informed that they would not sell their rifle to a Maryland resident (A completely legal sale). Their price on the Sub2K Gen II, was $399.00 at the time.

THANKS BUD... :mad54:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    PSA and Bud's does not have to worry about ever seeing any of my money...

No magazine value adjustment, makes the deal substantially more expensive for Maryland residents. Therefore... PSA is helping our state to infringe on our rights.

And while visiting Buds Guns in Tennessee, I was informed that they would not sell their rifle to a Maryland resident (A completely legal sale). Their price on the Sub2K Gen II, was $399.00 at the time.

THANKS BUD... :mad54:

How can I legally transport the S2K in my truck? :lol2::lol2:

Inside joke some will/should get a kick out of.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sportsman's Guide has the Gen 2 that takes G17 mags in stock for $380, I tried to order but won't ship to my zip code because of the magazines :mad54::mad54::mad54:

I even tried to have it shipped to Gary at High Rock but SG won't even sell the gun to MD residents regardless of where the FFL is O_o

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Sportsman's Guide has the Gen 2 that takes G17 mags in stock for $380, I tried to order but won't ship to my zip code because of the magazines :mad54::mad54::mad54:

I even tried to have it shipped to Gary at High Rock but SG won't even sell the gun to MD residents regardless of where the FFL is O_o
    Can you pre-pay the money to High Rock and have him order it as the FFL?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Can you pre-pay the money to High Rock and have him order it as the FFL?

Prolly if he was able to order before they sold out, but then he'd have to charge me sales tax and the savings would slowly be nibbled away.

I am looking at the bright side, I just saved $400 :rolleyes:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Prolly if he was able to order before they sold out, but then he'd have to charge me sales tax and the savings would slowly be nibbled away.

I am looking at the bright side, I just saved $400 :rolleyes:

That's always the way I look at a missed upportunity to spend money:D

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Reasonable price; $450 shipped. The weight is incorrectly listed on their webpage. It's a 3-4 lb rifle, and not 9-10 lb.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    OK, I tried to order from Target Sports. Their checkout process is a nightmare. When you get to the "Select FFL" page, they list a number of holders - near and far. They do not list All Pawn, which I would prefer to use, or several others that I know of in my area. The page says they will ship to any FFL - just get a copy of the license sent to them. I can do this, but I can't get past the FFL page to complete the rest of the order.

Sometimes web pages are goofy on my Chromebook, so I tried two different browsers on a Windows box including IE. No dice.

Sent them a message this morning asking how to complete the order. They have 27 left as of a few minutes ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom