• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Patrick's initial post on this issue indicated that ~365 applications (pre-stay) have been processed (less final investigation) and are ready to be approved. To me, based on all of the pre-stay chatter here, 365 seems like an awfully low number of applications. I figured there would be thousands.

Also, I wonder about the process. I say this because of what seems to be vast differences in the processing. Some applicants have had references called and had face to face interviews, others have had ZERO contact and yet others, like myself have had references called, a personal call from MSP, BUT no face to face interview.

:scratchinghead:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    navycraig said:
    Patrick's initial post on this issue indicated that ~365 applications (pre-stay) have been processed (less final investigation) and are ready to be approved. To me, based on all of the pre-stay chatter here, 365 seems like an awfully low number of applications. I figured there would be thousands.

Also, I wonder about the process. I say this because of what seems to be vast differences in the processing. Some applicants have had references called and had face to face interviews, others have had ZERO contact and yet others, like myself have had references called, a personal call from MSP, BUT no face to face interview.

:scratchinghead:

365 seems to be about 2/3s of the 500ish applications submitted.

We MDs'rs were guessing from the hand written numbers on the returned checks. Probably still are...

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    365 seems to be about 2/3s of the 500ish applications submitted.

We MDs'rs were guessing from the hand written numbers on the returned checks. Probably still are...

Thanks neighbor. I thought there were many, many more than that. Do you have an opinion on the different processing methods?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    navycraig said:
    Thanks neighbor. I thought there were many, many more than that. Do you have an opinion on the different processing methods?

No, that is anyone's guess. The MSP hasn't followed any discernible pattern.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I keep checking my address bar, is this really Maryland Shooters talking about maybe getting permits?!? Wow.

A high quality card printer like the one the military uses to make ID cards costs around $8k. Hopefully their budget isn't that tight, and they can make some really awesome looking permits.

Please, for the love of everything good, do not go do something stupid like open carry in downtown Baltimore when these permits start to trickle in. We've argued that we're responsible, have good judgment, and just want to protect ourselves and our families. DO NOT try to use CCW as some kind of "sticking it to the man" protest. Don't go out acting like some kind of weirdo looking for a confrontation. Be cool, avoid trouble, and don't troll the police. They will taze you.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I agree. Patrick, esqappellate, and a few others.

The last sentence should be.. "and people look right past what you said and ask questions you already answered. Over and Over and over......

Someone should create a FAQ and simply answer each question with a link to the FAQ.

Perhaps it could even be a Wiki, so that everyone can contribute.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I keep checking my address bar, is this really Maryland Shooters talking about maybe getting permits?!? Wow.

A high quality card printer like the one the military uses to make ID cards costs around $8k. Hopefully their budget isn't that tight, and they can make some really awesome looking permits.

Please, for the love of everything good, do not go do something stupid like open carry in downtown Baltimore when these permits start to trickle in. We've argued that we're responsible, have good judgment, and just want to protect ourselves and our families. DO NOT try to use CCW as some kind of "sticking it to the man" protest. Don't go out acting like some kind of weirdo looking for a confrontation. Be cool, avoid trouble, and don't troll the police. They will taze you.

^^^^. This

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Now is the time for all members of MDShooters and associated groups to step up as ambassadors and humbly guide those that are not in the know or who may not have a network of responsible firearms owners that although this is a hard fought right it is not a license to be arrogant. Thank all for the letter writing, donations, patience, calls, rallies and sharing of thoughts and information. I am grateful for the possible opportunity not only for myself but to know there are many responsible members that will take this responsibility with the seriousness that it deserves.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Good on those who got their apps in before the stay. The MD permit I had at the time was still good so I didn't apply... I've since turned that one in.

I'm definitely anticipating G&S being nullified for good. Thanks to those who did all the hard work, especially MSI. We should have a giant MSI-appreciation BBQ/party once things move forward!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Recently I hve drawn hisrotic prrallels to the 1st and 2nd round Civil Rights Eras. Now I will invoke the New Deal . Specifically FDR's practice of co-opting and subsequently mrginalizing his critics.

MSI has been in secret communication with the MSP .They present the best possable spin for themselves :

Oh No , MSP never does anything Political , we are strictly impartial , doing our duty evenhandly for all. Trust us , we're doing the best we can. Pretty please don't try to hold us accountable, or we'll just slow down even more. By the way that pesky laminating machine has been acting up , and it just might intermittently stop working again.

365 in more than 4mos is less than 100/ month . Going by National statistics , the very conservative expectation is 01% of population seeking Permits. At 100/mo less than half will be handled by the time that the initial one require renewal.

Yes , it is *wise* to give them a short period of time to get actually started. But they WILL need major hammering to make substantial real changes.

It is Good to know what the other side says and claims to intend. But we must apply a grain of salt , and watch out for the slippery slope for being critics to becomeing cheerleaders and apoligists.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    To the MSI - BIG THANK YOU for the great News.

On Aug 7th, You will be seeing my name on the application list. For the application, form, I just would like to address one thing about the Employer's name and phone number. Do they need to know it. Are they gotta call them ? Because I dont like people knowing that I have a permit at my work.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    About open carry:
    My Utah ccw permit course instructor said in class this past weekend that he has open-carried in MD once a month for years and never had a problem. For the record, he's an older black gentleman, very respectable and friendly guy, NRA training councillor, and total gun-nut through and through.

If anyone wants specific info on this guy I can share via PM.

Hmm, interesting.

If it is on his own property, I beat him LOL. I OC daily when the weather allows and when I am not skinning some critter or playing resurrection with tanned furs. I have also open carried while walking to check traps.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace

Keep the open carry to rural areas only for a while, like hiking waaaay back trails. Can you carry in Prettyboy or in state parks?

I find it weird though that I can OC on the rail trail in New Freedom PA and nobody seems to notice. Area is full of MDers and ex MDers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom