Boycott United Nations Day (October 24th 2008)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I don't know about you but I never knew that October 24th was "United Nations Day".

anti-united-nations.jpg

Many people on this forum have expressed great animosity towards the do nothing, USA over funded puppet show in New York aka. the UN. The UN and our own citizens have and still are trying to pass a global small arms treaty. This treaty, if passed would override the Second Amendment of the United States due to a loophole in the Constitution regarding treaties.

My only response would be, "well it looks like UN disarmament worked well in Africa." In fact, the UN has got more innocent people killed than the Holocaust and has wasted more money than all of US liberals combined on programs that don't work. Besides their widespread corruption, what are they good for? The UN is just a feel good bureaucracy.

If you want to feel good about stopping genocide and war, Join the US Military. They have been the only effective peace keeping force in the world.

:)
    Please Join me in boycotting United Nations Day by posting your feelings on this thread. Feel free to post something positive about them too.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    I don't know about you but I never knew that October 24th was "United Nations Day".

Many people on this forum have expressed great animosity towards the do nothing, USA over funded puppet show in New York aka. the UN.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I may have referred to the UN as a slimy putrid den of vipers, thieves, hypocrites, murderers, and totalitarians. I may have suggessted that it be moved to some hell hole more worthy of its stature, such as Pyongyang, Mecca, or the center of an active volcano, but I doubt if I have expressed great animosity towards it.

But perhaps I don't know the meaning of the word.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I, like most here would love that little useless chunk of NYC to break off into the East river. Problem with boycotting something that useless and irrelevant is that they don't do much of anything, or make anything tangible, so how do we do it?

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I respect everyone's view, but I think you missed the point. I am just saying as a tax paying American, celebrating the UN Day this year would be an insult and unpatriotic. If you were planning on celebrating it, why don't you plan on celebrating how much you hate it instead?

The UN is just feel good thing. For example I'd like to give every American Health Care and a guaranteed retirement, but that does not work in reality. I'd like to get Russia out of Georgia and stop an aggression on a moments notice. However, that is impossible for the UN to do because Russia can vote down anything against it.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I think we should hold a group anti-celebration on the 19th, complete with all kinds of small arms that they detest Americans having the RIGHT to own.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    that is a little extreme.

How so? It's been a target for years.

Besides, you need a reason to be pissed? How about we don't bother acknowledging United Nations Day. Instead, take a moment on October 23rd and remember that it has been 25 years since 241 Marines and Sailors were murdered. No doubt Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah will remember the date and celebrate it. Then consider than the UN would rather placate these scum rather than stand up to them.

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    After going to Srebrenica multiple times. I can tell you that the UN is useless even to third world counties.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Watch the movie Hotel Rwanda to see how the Peace Keepers are used, and how some Peace Keepers were held back from helping.:sad20:

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I am think that we should make some Anti-UN tees. I'm thinking on the front. UN with a crossed out circle over it. On the back it should say "UN World Tour". Just like concert t-shirts, with all of the places that they have screwed up with dates.

Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    I'm not entirely sure you can boycott a holiday, but for what it's worth I wasn't exactly planning on throwing a barbecue for the UN.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I'm not entirely sure you can boycott a holiday, but for what it's worth I wasn't exactly planning on throwing a barbecue for the UN.

ok, I just wanted to be sure no one was celebrate for the UN.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    I am think that we should make some Anti-UN tees. I'm thinking on the front. UN with a crossed out circle over it. On the back it should say "UN World Tour". Just like concert t-shirts, with all of the places that they have screwed up with dates.

Wouldn't be simpler to cite places they did things right? It would be a very short list. :mad54:

OTOH, if we play with fonts perhaps we could get both on the shirt for a graphic comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom