• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Drove past there today and see it is a liquor store .....when did they open that up?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Opened about a month ago.

Rumor was it was going to be a Dunkin....that would be a gold mine if they got the exit back onto 30 done properly. Liquor store in the middle of no where....just what the area needed.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    C’mon, you knew it was comin’.

Attachments

• 6644854D-DFFD-4F95-849D-816CEF4E4474.jpg
      6644854D-DFFD-4F95-849D-816CEF4E4474.jpg
      34.1 KB · Views: 324

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Is this at 91 and 30?

If yes, open less than a month.

Yup...thats the place.Guess its been a while since I was through there.I knew Elmos closed,but didnt know something else was going in.I would think a liquor store would do better on the other side of 30.Easier access on the way back north for most people going home in the eve.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Anybody besides me remember when there was Elmo's TV repair on the other side of Rt 30 where the Highs is now? Not sure who Elmo was, but he must have been a pretty good entrepreneur in his day.

2 brothers from the area bought up that corner. One brother started an electrical company and recently retired. My mom is friends with Pete Elmo, the electrician. I had heard that there was a clause in the deed that the Elmo name had to remain on the corner? Not sure how they could in force that. Royal farm store wanted to open up as 24hr serves but there is a local code that no business can operate past midnight.

Up_in_BoCo

Dedicated plinker
    Oct 22, 2014
    HZ
    The new one is the 6th liquor store on 30 between 795 and Wal-Mart (pretty sure there are a few more before PA).
    I love me some Natty Boh, but I wouldn't have minded a Royal Farms.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    2 brothers from the area bought up that corner. One brother started an electrical company and recently retired. My mom is friends with Pete Elmo, the electrician. I had heard that there was a clause in the deed that the Elmo name had to remain on the corner? Not sure how they could in force that. Royal farm store wanted to open up as 24hr serves but there is a local code that no business can operate past midnight.

Colonial is open until 2am

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom