• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Meh, more of the same.. Come Jan. we will get to see them all salivating over themselves, patting each other on the back over their 'accomplishments'...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    And that's what he does. Seen it before. The guys a real turd. Have fun scraping that off your shoe.

I have plenty of shoes and plenty of drive to make sure everyone I know and come across will know what he stands for and what he thinks is humorous.

I feel like getting a suicide support group to picket his restaurant.

kevelar

Aug 15, 2013
    Can we calm down?

I honestly don't see what the big deal is here. I don't like that joke in particular, but he is a comedian. Causing ruckus is what he DOES! I'm a fan of the Myers even if I don't agree with him politically. He still makes me laugh.

He's not an elected official. He doesn't make policy. He doesn't vote on bills and sign legislation into law. He tells jokes. I may think that SOME of them are not funny, but I enjoy seeing him live and will continue to do so.

And I am going to keep going to his restaurant. It's nearby, the food is good, Myers has been courteous to me the few times I have seen him there, and I hear they now have their liquor license and are getting ready to sell margaritas!

`Kevelar

I have plenty of shoes and plenty of drive to make sure everyone I know and come across will know what he stands for and what he thinks is humorous.

I feel like getting a suicide support group to picket his restaurant.

harfordgunboy

Mar 30, 2013
    Wow. You still like this guy? Damn! I must be missing something.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is here. I don't like that joke in particular, but he is a comedian. Causing ruckus is what he DOES! I'm a fan of the Myers even if I don't agree with him politically. He still makes me laugh.

He's not an elected official. He doesn't make policy. He doesn't vote on bills and sign legislation into law. He tells jokes. I may think that SOME of them are not funny, but I enjoy seeing him live and will continue to do so.

And I am going to keep going to his restaurant. It's nearby, the food is good, Myers has been courteous to me the few times I have seen him there, and I hear they now have their liquor license and are getting ready to sell margaritas!

`Kevelar

kevelar

Aug 15, 2013
    Well you must like him if you created an entire thread about him. In your way, you're exposing a whole new group to him and his comedy, his restaurant, or whatever else he does.

If he had any second thoughts about writing that joke, then they must surely be purged by all of this PR he's getting. They say that even negative publicity ...

`Kevelar

Wow. You still like this guy? Damn! I must be missing something.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well you must like him if you created an entire thread about him. In your way, you're exposing a whole new group to him and his comedy, his restaurant, or whatever else he does.

If he had any second thoughts about writing that joke, then they must surely be purged by all of this PR he's getting. They say that even negative publicity ...

`Kevelar

And you joined just to stick up for Myers ? Or are you Tom Myers ?

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    That's funny. He doesn't *look* like a complete douche.

971882_648228348445_2016340708_a.jpg

:innocent0

ETA: He seems to spend most of his comedy "career" doing open mic nights.

Ok, now I feel sorry for him. He's sort of a loser.

He looks like a total dick.... :mad54:

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I'm not Myers. I'm someone who likes his comedy. I'm allowed to do that and post on this board, right?

As long as you abide by the rules of the board, sure. Just remember that the solution to speech you don't like is more speech; you don't have a right to be not offended; and we can excoriate you for your views as much as we want assuming we also abide by the rules of the board.

Feel free to use your post below to explain how the joke is funny.

My senitment was that relying on winning a gun raffle to obtain a firearm to kill yourself was a really poor premise. It's not as funny as George Carlin's rant on insurance - which is if you lose (die) you win, and if you win (stay alive) you lose.

Now to channel my inner redneck (secret: I'm 50% redneck):

"Apparently these city folk are so confused by the idea of a gun raffle they have no choice but to ridicule it, not realizing that it's a quite common and popular method of fundraisin' in these here rural areas. The Stone Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Company does a raffle every year*. Now I s'pose that if a raffled gun started a fire, that would be ironic, but not exactly hilarity, y'know? Mebbe I'm just a high-brow humor connoisseur."

* (and now you have an idea about where I grew up. Yay.)

coupecrazy

Mar 29, 2013
    Somewhere, Merryland
    "Apparently these city folk are so confused by the idea of a gun raffle they have no choice but to ridicule it, not realizing that it's a quite common and popular method of fundraisin' in these here rural areas. The Stone Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Company does a raffle every year*. Now I s'pose that if a raffled gun started a fire, that would be ironic, but not exactly hilarity, y'know? Mebbe I'm just a high-brow humor connoisseur."

:clap:

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Glad I'm not the only one to notice that Kevelar was just activated today and has only posted in this one thread.

Myers has been known to make false accounts on the Daggerpress.com to come to his own aide.

I could be wrong. But I'd be interested in seeing if Kevelar has any knowledge what so ever about firearms. Considering that Myers is completely ignorant of the subject.

Which is just a small portion of the subjects Myers is ignorant of.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010

`Kevelar

There is certainly such a thing as bad publicity. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I was planning on going to his place of business until I found out what an :asshat: this guy is.

It's possible (and likely) that he couldn't care less if I were to patrinize his business or not. I'm sure he wouldn't want an evil, right-leaning, gun owner to stop by, anyway. But I'm making it a point to tell everyone who cares to listen that this guy is scum. Some of the people I'm telling are pretty good about passing this kinda stuff on as well.

Overall, it probably won't do any serious damage to the business. On the other hand, Harford Co isn't a place where liberal douches like this guy are embraced. It might just cost him a few sheckles.

And hey, even if the business were end up in the crapper tomorrow, he's always got his STELLAR (:rolleyes:) comedy to fall back on. He sure seems to have won over this audience :lol2:

harfordgunboy

Mar 30, 2013
    I would agree with you about kevelar possibly being Myers. I would also agree that some of the posts defending him on sites like the Dagger are probably just him using different handles.

However, Myers used to write for the Dagger and would have a reason to do something like that there. Is there anything to suggest that he even knows about this site?

I'm willing to give kevelar the benefit of the doubt. At least for now.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice that Kevelar was just activated today and has only posted in this one thread.

Myers has been known to make false accounts on the Daggerpress.com to come to his own aide.

I could be wrong. But I'd be interested in seeing if Kevelar has any knowledge what so ever about firearms. Considering that Myers is completely ignorant of the subject.

Which is just a small portion of the subjects Myers is ignorant of.

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County

`Kevelar

Surprisingly, he thinks alcohol which kills 10's of thousands more people per year is ok...but a gun is not.

Interesting logic he has. Allowing the drinking of alcohol, allowing someone who has drank said alcohol to get behind the wheel of a car, without giving that person a backround(breathalyzer?) check for the 3000lb projectile they're behind the wheel of, and that's ok. Never mind the family that person might kill.

But a gun, that requires an extensive backround check is bad.

Got it.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'm not Myers. I'm someone who likes his comedy. I'm allowed to do that and post on this board, right?
    I said we shouldn't be giving him attention and now we've attracted his fan club of one.

Good job folks...someone needs to lock this crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom