• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Scopes seem to start out shooting low on this gun at 100 yrds. A LT104 QD swapped over from my AR is still about 4" low without adjusting. I want it to be a long range rifle so I'm going to try a 20 moa LaRue Tactical Scope Mount QD LT745. No idea why the levers are on the right but I don't see it as an issue.
    $220 from Larue direct seems to be the lowest I can find.
    With this,,, and some flip caps, it should be a complete sniper rifle. And maybe some practice.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    What exactly is a sniper rifle? Are you in LE or the military?
    :lol:
    I think you're going wAy serious. I've never seen you answer any of my talks. But I'll have some fun with it.

POU, A heavy, large caliber rifle deployed for ranges that preclude being overrun. I can't call broken arrow for air assets and not under the umbrella for heavy arti. Any other info is classified as jeopardizing ongoing or future missions. try the FOIA.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Progressive...nope...far far far far far far from it. About as far from it as you can get lol.

I was being a bit of a smart ass admittedly and poking some fun, but my point is that you probably are not, nor ever have been a sniper. No big deal, neither am I nor have I been.

I think that the left has been much more successful than the right at winning the war with language and we should be careful as a community of like minded enthusiasts moving forward with things.

Perhaps semantics, but I firmly believe that "sniper rifle" will become the next "assault rifle." An argument will be framed that no one needs a cartridge and scope combination that can accurately engage targets out to X yards. After all, who needs to kill deer at extended ranges (not that there aren't hunters who harvest elk and pronghorn and varmints at ranges extending past 500 yds...but you get my point). Sniper rifle sounds scary to the soccer moms, and it will very soon become the next buzzword to make more "scary" guns go away. The argument against bolt rifles with scopes will be opened up based on the "sniper" hysteria that they can hang on them.

I prefer the term "precision rifle" personally, but that's just me.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Progressive...nope...far far far far far far from it. About as far from it as you can get lol.

I was being a bit of a smart ass admittedly and poking some fun, but my point is that you probably are not, nor ever have been a sniper. No big deal, neither am I nor have I been.

I think that the left has been much more successful than the right at winning the war with language and we should be careful as a community of like minded enthusiasts moving forward with things.

Perhaps semantics, but I firmly believe that "sniper rifle" will become the next "assault rifle." An argument will be framed that no one needs a cartridge and scope combination that can accurately engage targets out to X yards. After all, who needs to kill deer at extended ranges (not that there aren't hunters who harvest elk and pronghorn and varmints at ranges extending past 500 yds...but you get my point). Sniper rifle sounds scary to the soccer moms, and it will very soon become the next buzzword to make more "scary" guns go away. The argument against bolt rifles with scopes will be opened up based on the "sniper" hysteria that they can hang on them.

I prefer the term "precision rifle" personally, but that's just me.

Ordinarily, I would say MGOS(or whatever it is...) on this, but in the world of logarithms and trap doors and such, it might not be a bad idea for an individual to be a little more selective in terminologies, as they apply to this subject matter. I agree with Major03(I usually do anyway:)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom