Winter 2017-18 Has Begun In the Mountains...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    After becoming a full time resident in Deep Creek several years ago I've seen a wide variety in the types of winter weather we get. Sometimes we get mild winters and sometimes we get blasts of arctic air that is so cold it hurts. Occasionally we get weird stuff like Nor'Easters and Sandy. but so do the flat-landers.

The past two winters have been mild with warmer temps and little snow. Not good for the local businesses that serve the ski crowd and others who come up to play in the snow.

So far, this winter is looking like it's off to a cold and snowy start! Y'all bundle up, drive safely in the snow and have fun!

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• NWS Forecast for 12_29 to 12_31_2017 Capture.jpg
      NWS Forecast for 12_29 to 12_31_2017 Capture.jpg
      67.6 KB · Views: 347

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    After becoming a full time resident in Deep Creek several years ago I've seen a wide variety in the types of winter weather we get. Sometimes we get mild winters and sometimes we get blasts of arctic air that is so cold it hurts. Occasionally we get weird stuff like Nor'Easters and Sandy. but so do the flat-landers.

The past two winters have been mild with warmer temps and little snow. Not good for the local businesses that serve the ski crowd and others who come up to play in the snow.

So far, this winter is looking like it's off to a cold and snowy start! Y'all bundle up, drive safely in the snow and have fun!

:thumbsup:
    Get the snowblower fueled up and bundle up, that forecast looks RUDE. May you, your family, and your beagle family stay safe thru the worst of it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Oh, that ain't nothing. I remember back in '74, that' 1874, we had a winter you wouldn't believe........ :innocent0

It looks like the skiing resorts will make some money this year. It's been tough on them I believe the last 2 years.

Stay warm and don't go out unless you have to.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    We love the snow and cold so bring it on.
    We've only had three days this month that didn't have snow on the ground, definitely a banner season!

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    Awesome. How much do you have on the ground now? I've watched the radar the past few weeks and it seems it's been pretty active out there.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Awesome. How much do you have on the ground now? I've watched the radar the past few weeks and it seems it's been pretty active out there.

There is only about 4" on the ground at the moment. We are actually in a snow deficit as we normally average 140" a season. We are up to around 75" so far. We are supposed to get up to another 8" Thursday into Friday. It will be a ski day for me :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom