Votes: 81 28.9%
    • Somebody else (who?)

Votes: 14 5.0%

• Total voters

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    The Army trained my father and he taught me to shoot rifle pretty well. I've started shooting more pistol and that's a work in progress. He doesn't do to much shooting anymore, unless he is hunting.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Dear Old Dad apprenticed me to one of his friends...and taught that friend's son.

Of course, it helped that both of them were two of the top-rated shooters in the North-South Skirmish Association. I later hooked up with one of the members of the U.S. International Muzzle-Loading Team for additional training.

Right now, I shoot at the 12th Precinct's air pistol matches...and once in a while, Kathy Callahan will drop a tidbit. And those are priceless.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Learned all my long gun shooting from my father, uncles and mom. Mom was the best offhand snap shot in the bunch. The military taught me the basics of shooting a pistol.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    My dad took me shooting. I taught myself how to shoot. Now I teach him and the rest of my family how to shoot.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    My Dad taught me to shoot. Started off with a BB gun, progressed to his .22 WMR (which I now have), shotguns, bow/arrow, and finally pistols (simple progression).

He doesn't let me shoot bow/arrow with him any more. I put too many of my arrows through his fletchings.:D

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Self-taught.

My parents were never into guns. My grandfather had a few but when he was alive I never saw him use them at all. Did not find out about them really until after he passed. I am the one who started the trend again in my family growing up playing first person shooters made me want to do the real thing.

Also because I started my friends got into them so if anything I am a trend setter in my neck of the woods :D

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I learned to shoot from a class in college called marksmanship training. It counted for a PE credit and everything!

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    My father taught me way back when I was about 5 or 6. Of course I have had a few more instructors since then teaching me new things being in the military and law enforcement areas.

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    I started a few years ago and am pretty much self-taught. I did complete a couple of NRA courses that gave me a start and I consume copious quantities of literature on the subject.
    Although I could not be considered qualified to shoot competitions with any chance of winning I do feel that I am pretty good at bulls eye shooting (paper fears me). I try to go to the range at least twice per month and I shoot a variety of calibers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom