• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scironic

Jul 27, 2016
    Jessup, MD
    Hey everyone!

I've been doing research on buying or building an AR-15 and came across a lot of "join some local forums. there is a lot of good information out there." So, here I am.

Even though I have several guns, I only recently started hunting and really exploring the gun world, but i'm pretty good with my hands and love a build challenge (thus, the interest to build an AR-15).

So, all that said... Hello everyone!

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    Those of us from Howard Co are made to feel welcome on this forum. Sadly, we are in the liberal epicenter of the state.

There are several discussion threads here on exactly what is legal to build in MD. You may also want to read the forums on Gunbroker. Our biggest challenge is finding a dealer with complete AR's in stock, or those willing to order them for us.

You want to talk to the folks at 2A Sales & Supply in Savage (corner Rt & Guilford Rd); they have a good reputation. I like Chad Fox on Red Branch Rd in Columbia; great guy with good suppliers.

Personally, I recommend that you buy a NIB AR as your first black rifle; once you are familiar with it, you will know what you want to build for your next ..... several rifles.

Neal

scironic

Jul 27, 2016
    Jessup, MD
    Thanks for the welcomes!

Those of us from Howard Co are made to feel welcome on this forum. Sadly, we are in the liberal epicenter of the state.

There are several discussion threads here on exactly what is legal to build in MD. You may also want to read the forums on Gunbroker. Our biggest challenge is finding a dealer with complete AR's in stock, or those willing to order them for us.

You want to talk to the folks at 2A Sales & Supply in Savage (corner Rt & Guilford Rd); they have a good reputation. I like Chad Fox on Red Branch Rd in Columbia; great guy with good suppliers.

Personally, I recommend that you buy a NIB AR as your first black rifle; once you are familiar with it, you will know what you want to build for your next ..... several rifles.

Neal

I have such a love/hate relationship with Howard County... and Maryland. I grew up here, so it's always going to be home... but i'd like to be elsewhere.

I'll definitely check out Gunbroker. I stopped in at 2A not too long ago and talked to Tom since I had read great things about them. I've already checked out Fox's website. Might swing over and check them out.

I go back and forth on the build vs. buy. For what i'm looking to spend on my first AR, buy definitely seems the way to go. Like you said - get familiar with it so I can figure out what I want as well. I've just always had the frame of mind that if you build it with your own two hands, you KNOW it and there is a connection to it. That's why I don't like the idea of buying a used gun. I don't know what it's been through. I inherited a Marlin .45-70 and had it checked out by 3 different trusted people before I would even fire it. I still don't like shooting it (but it sure is a hell of a ride).

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I was at Baltimore's best pawn today. They have a variety of md legal ars. Stags, windham, maybe some palmetto.

A few varieties of stags. I'm not that familiar with stag but they had some good looking stock stuff.

Welcome from Carroll county!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 99

scironic

Jul 27, 2016
    Jessup, MD
    I was at Baltimore's best pawn today. They have a variety of md legal ars. Stags, windham, maybe some palmetto.

A few varieties of stags. I'm not that familiar with stag but they had some good looking stock stuff.

Welcome from Carroll county!

Awesome! I've read good things about Stag and heard good things about Windham. I'll check out Baltimores best pawn.

Thanks for the welcome, too!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I'm not allowed to view that thread. What do I need to know about Fox Firearms? And thanks for the welcome!

Thread is in the Water Cooler, you need 50 posts IOT view it.

~Long story short~
    Filed a frivolous lawsuit against our community due to not liking the Forum rules and violating them.
    The judge ruled that the case had no merit and it was dismissed with prejudice.

scironic

Jul 27, 2016
    Jessup, MD
    Thread is in the Water Cooler, you need 50 posts IOT view it.

~Long story short~
    Filed a frivolous lawsuit against our community due to not liking the Forum rules and violating them.
    The judge ruled that the case had no merit and it was dismissed with prejudice.

Well, that sounds like a dick move on his part. I'll make a note to check out the thread though once I get 50 posts. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom