TNW Aero Survival rifle 9mm glock carbine - your thought ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • josh19

Dec 12, 2013
    Local gun store seem to well stocked with the rifles. Like the lonewolf (that I recently returned). it accepts glock mag. TNW seems more compact, and easy to transport. More primary source of review is from the web. All are positive minus some easy with the 10 rounds glock mag that need some filing of the feed ramp to work.

Price seem good - 9mm full rifle (plus a cheap scope) for around $780.

Any thought on the TNW ASR ? I am looking for reliability and safety. I understood from what I read, accuracy is not that great for this type of carbine.

FYI: I posted the reason I returned the lonewolf in
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4429207#post4429207

I incline to think the lonewolf is ok just that particular 9mm round is bad. Looking at the bottom of the case, the firing pin seem to hit the primer right on. The round fired, forced the bullet 10" into the 16" and stuck there. And casing flowered

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't know that this rifle is really going to "solve" the problem of a 9mm OOB, given that it still utilizes direct blowback action. For something that's delayed-blowback or locked, you need a Sig MPX or an MP5 derivative, which is about double the cost.

If it were me, I'd lean towards a K-T Sub2k Gen2. Cheaper, folds up small, has some interesting after-market add-ons.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I love mine.

Put a cheap red dot on it, it shoots suprisingly well.

Has couple failure to eject with 33 rnd Glock sticks, never an issue with 17 or 19 mags.

Have put 4 to 500 rounds thru. Bout 10 FTE.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I agree on the red dot. I tried mine last friday when it arrived. Hard to get a decent cheek weld while wearing earmuff protection. Figured I'd try a 1.75 riser and a Primary Arms reddot. Have you made any other mods? I like the looks and function of the Red Lion Precision rotating rail.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have shot a few of them ( in 9mm,.45 ) I really like them for the dollar. Needs a scope spacer for me to shoot comfortable. Nice shooting gun . Like how it comes apart and the multi cal capability . Now saying all that I believe for about $200.00 more you can get the CZ Scorpion carbine. A lightweight carbine with a folding stock also a very nice rifle. If I had 1 to buy and had the extra cash I'd do the CZ if I couldn't I'd gladly buy the TNW .

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I think I'd go with a 9mm AR instead. If TNW goes under you might be out of luck for parts.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Ditto. After using the Keltec at the American Marksman Regional I now know exactly why I love the 9mm AR I built. Leaving out the SMG type MVB stock and the C-More red dot my build costs less than $1k counting the items I used that I had in my parts. And it runs 100% with both the Glock G18 33 rd. and the ETS 30 rd. mags and all my 17+5 rd. mags. Only thing it does not like is the low power Remington UMC 9mm 115g Yellow 250 rd. box ammo. Runs all the CCI and Fed ammo and even NATO 9mm (SMG)(+P+).

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A&D Pawn had a .45 in green last week. I should have bought it right then. Rock solid tool. Reminds me of an old M3 Grease Gun.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Why not go with a just right. Same basic principles. My father bought on and loves it

I'm thinking of getting one in .45

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ditto. After using the Keltec at the American Marksman Regional I now know exactly why I love the 9mm AR I built
    So, I gotta say, despite my recommendation of the Sub2k, I made pretty much the same move from it to a true AR-based platform (I'm using Uzi mags, but I do have a Form 1 Glock mag lower waiting for an upper). But, admittedly, this was a pretty substantial investment, much more than a Sub2k.

As a 16" folding gun, the Sub2k is pretty rocking. But the ergos are just nothing to write home about... the bottom charging handle is annoying to use, and I am just not a fan of cross-bar safeties. You also can't mount an optic on it and keep the folding mechanism. Excellent choice for a trunk gun, but not the one I'd use for running and gunning.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I looked at the TNW but decided on the JR. Just picked up the new gen 3 take down model. Accepts m&p mags (which I have plenty of) and has the threaded barrel. Not a single malfunction so far after 250 rounds. Also came with a nice sling pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom