• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I had no idea that up until 1968 all parts of a gun were regulated? the barrel?, stock?, scope?

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Sadly I think continuing down this path will only lead to more scrutiny and restrictions. I don’t think any of us want every piece of metal or plastic we could attach to a firearm becoming a legal definition of a “firearm” and subject to restrictions.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I had no idea that up until 1968 all parts of a gun were regulated? the barrel?, stock?, scope?

the article is incorrect. First off, it links to the Gifford's Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, so good job there, Fox.

Second:. the Federal Firearms Act did this: The Federal Firearms Act (FFA) of 1938 required gun manufacturers, importers, and dealers to obtain a federal firearms license. It also defined a group of people, including convicted felons, who could not purchase guns, and mandated that gun sellers keep customer records. The FFA was repealed in 1968 by the Gun Control Act (GCA), though many of its provisions were reenacted by the GCA.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Hmmm, I wonder if that's where the phrase "lock, stock and barrel" come into play

That phrase predates the 1938 law by at least a century

The term was first recorded in the letters of Sir Walter Scott in 1817, in the line "Like the High-landman's gun, she wants stock, lock, and barrel, to put her into repair."[1] It is, however, thought that this term evolved into a popular saying some years before in England.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sadly I think continuing down this path will only lead to more scrutiny and restrictions. I don’t think any of us want every piece of metal or plastic we could attach to a firearm becoming a legal definition of a “firearm” and subject to restrictions.

Agree. This is dumb. The definition will change. ARs will not become less regulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom